Cincinnati Babies

Anyone make their own hair clippies?

I am browsing on Etsy and now that Ellie wears pigtails most of the time and would need two of everything, I can't help but think that I could start making her clippies myself. Anyone do this? I guess I'm wondering if it's really any cheaper or if you end up spending as much and having a bunch of leftover ribbon.

Photo by Melissa Nicole Photography

imageimage

Re: Anyone make their own hair clippies?

• I made some for Adah and they never looked quite like I want them to.  I did find that I spend almost as much on the ribbon and supplies as I would on a bow.  If you were making multiple bows from the same ribbon, you would prob spend less, but to just make one or two isn't as economical.

Have you looked at bowtique lollipop?  They are always having a sale of 25-50% off and that makes the clips pretty reasonable, plus they have free shipping. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto Bowtique Lollipop.

I just got some from them and love them! They are so adorable.

I don't know about cost, but I bet for anything but just really plain ones it would take a lot of time to get them just right.
  • Loading the player...
  • i PPH kickass bows.  they are really cheap and super cute.  i've thought about trying to make my own, but i don't think they would look as good.
  • They are super easy to make.  You can find what you need at Hobby Lobby or Michaels.  Just get the smallest alligator clips and some ribbon.  Hot glue the ribbon in place, and add a thin foam strip to the inside of the clip if you want them slip proof.  It is only economical to make your own if you can find ribbon sold by the inch (online), so you won't get a lot of waste, or if you make lots of the same bow to give away or sell.  I love kickassbows.com.  Those are the cheapest I have found, and I can't really DIY them for her price.  bowtiquelollipop.com is good if you can find a discount. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My friend and I just started a little business making hair clippies (and beanie/bucket hats) - they are pretty easy.  We went with snap clips because they won't fall out easily like the alligator clips. We use ribbon and clips and then different embellisments on top (like crocheted flowers or holiday clips made from ribbon - turkeys, pumpkins, christmas trees, ghosts, etc.)

We'll be at the Lakota Arts and Craft Show this weekend!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"