Pregnant after 35

Questions to ask during hospital tour

Hi ladies,

Next week, we will be going on our tour and information session of our hospital's labor and delivery facilities.

What are some questions that you would ask or wished you had asked..

Thanks!

Re: Questions to ask during hospital tour

• Our tour was kind of lame, so hopefully yours will be better.

My hubby asked a lot about security, especially on the weekends.   Seems our hospital is kinda loosey-goosey on the weekends.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't know about questions but your post reminded me that I needed to schedule our tour- so "Thanks".

I guess I would just try to find out how flexible they ar ein doing what you want versus doing things "their way".

• Loading the player...
  • Not sure if you have older kids or not, so this may not apply, but I am curious to know if my hospital will allow my kids to visit when I'm in the hospital.

My OB told me they are really pushing for a "no kids allowed" policy for visitors due to H1N1.

I have mixed feelings on this. I will be sad to not see my older kids for 2-3 days and will want them to see their brand new brother but, I can see why there is concern.

• I'm wondering about visiting hours, number of visitors per patient (and if you and lo each count as a patient and thus can double the number if it's low), if there are any limits on dh's visit hours, and what the policy is on sibling visits.

I would also ask (if they don't tell you) how many babies they deliver each day, and how busy the ORs are in case you need a c/s. I'm planning on a c/s, so I want to know how likely it is that I'll have to wait beyond the scheduled time, because I get super-nervous and will do better if I can anticipate delays etc.

2012 Races: Mar 24: Great Human Race 5K. April 28: 5K for Fitness
    • Will DH be able to sleep over if he wants - pull out bed/cot provided?
    • Is procedure different for checking in if it's "after hours"?
    • Cell phones - where can they be used?
    • Can you bring laptop, and are there outlets available for your laptop, cell phone, etc.?
    • CD player/DVD player available?
    • Birthing Bar available for bed?  birthing balls provided?
    • what kind of security is there?  do you have to provide a list of visitors ahead of time?
    • visiting hours
    • will baby room with you?  if not, what kind of access will you have to nursery?  do they have a NICU there, or would your baby need to be taken to another facility if there are complications?
    • If getting an epi, do you need to pre-register?
    • Meals - what is included?
    • If BFing, is there a lactation consultant onstaff, what are their hours, what kind of access will you have to them?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"