Pregnant after 35

Pregnant with Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction (SPD)

A couple of weeks ago I started having pain in my pubic region.  I had no idea what was causing it and thought it was from sitting on metal bleachers at a football game.  The pain has gotten worse and more consistent and I think I've found out what it is:

https://www.associatedcontent.com/article/217416/pregnant_with_symphysis_pubic_dysfunction.html?cat=52

Anyone else had problems with this?  If so, did you find anything to help with the pain?  I stayed home from work yesterday and stayed in bed all day.  I also used a pillow between my knees for support.  When I got up late yesterday afternoon I was much better but after being up for a bit cooking dinner and washing dinner the pain was back.  I haven't called the doctor.  I figure there probably isn't much they can do.  Unfortunately, I can't just stay in bed everyday! :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pregnant with Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction (SPD)

• OUCH !  I would definitely call your doctor to dicsuss...
  • Shannon, your pic looks great!

I don't think I've had SPD, but I was a lot more uncomfortable with #1 than I have been so far. What helped was to submerge myself in pillows while sleeping, to support everything (boobs, stomach, hips, knees, arms..) It took 3-4 pillows most nights, and was a real nuisance, but made the days easier.

You might want to mention it to your OB. Who knows? maybe they've come up with a new treatment in the past few years.

I hope you feel better fast!

2012 Races: Mar 24: Great Human Race 5K. April 28: 5K for Fitness
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies.

I swear I feel like a whiney little girl LOL but walk like I'm 90 years old because of this! :)

• Oh Shannon, I'm sorry it's so painful for you. 

But really try NOT to Google stuff or self-diagnose.   There's a thousand different reasons why you might have pain and the crap you might find online is usually very inaccurate, etc.

Definitely talk to your doc and he/she can go looking for a medical reason for your pain.  It could be something you've not even considered... kidneys, bladder, an infection.. you name it.  (Not trying to alarm you!)

But don't let this go any longer!  Don't try to be the brave woman and tough it out.   CALL the DOC!

• imageBrideBuddies:

Oh Shannon, I'm sorry it's so painful for you. 

But really try NOT to Google stuff or self-diagnose.   There's a thousand different reasons why you might have pain and the crap you might find online is usually very inaccurate, etc.

Definitely talk to your doc and he/she can go looking for a medical reason for your pain.  It could be something you've not even considered... kidneys, bladder, an infection.. you name it.  (Not trying to alarm you!)

But don't let this go any longer!  Don't try to be the brave woman and tough it out.   CALL the DOC!

Google can definitely be the devil.  I hate calling the doctor when I can barely describe what I'm feeling LOL.  That's why I google.  :) 

• Shannon, I love the new picture!!  Your bump is so cute!
  • imagefauxshelley:
    Shannon, I love the new picture!!  Your bump is so cute!

Awww thanks Shelley!! :)

• Shannon.. pull out your last billing statement from your doc and remind yourself of how much you and your insurance company are paying for his/her services!  Makes that phone call Oh so much easier!  HA!

And think of it this way--You could be some exciting, challenging new case that your doctor can use to help others!  (OK, I'm reaching here!)

JUST CALL, DAMMIT!  Wink

• imageBrideBuddies:

Shannon.. pull out your last billing statement from your doc and remind yourself of how much you and your insurance company are paying for his/her services!  Makes that phone call Oh so much easier!  HA!

And think of it this way--You could be some exciting, challenging new case that your doctor can use to help others!  (OK, I'm reaching here!)

JUST CALL, DAMMIT!  Wink

HAHAHA, yes ma'am.  Embarrassed

• Ya know, this makes me wonder about myself.  For about the past week, it seems like sometimes when I get up after being seated for while that I would get a really heavy pain in my lower pelvis....could be RLP though too I suppose since LO is getting bigger and doc said a couple weeks ago her head is down. I've felt okay the past couple days, but over the weekend there were a couple times I was bent over walking because of the discomfort.  But the pain/discomfort would always go away after I sat/laid back down.

I have an OB appointment Thursday, so I'll mention it.  Thanks for bringing this up, Shannon!  And update us on what your doc says.

• imagecarladillon:

Ya know, this makes me wonder about myself.  For about the past week, it seems like sometimes when I get up after being seated for while that I would get a really heavy pain in my lower pelvis....could be RLP though too I suppose since LO is getting bigger and doc said a couple weeks ago her head is down. I've felt okay the past couple days, but over the weekend there were a couple times I was bent over walking because of the discomfort.  But the pain/discomfort would always go away after I sat/laid back down.

I have an OB appointment Thursday, so I'll mention it.  Thanks for bringing this up, Shannon!  And update us on what your doc says.

Yes Carla, please let me know!  GL on Thursday!

• Carla... I'm starting to feel that lower pelvic pain too.  Kiddo just turned in the last week, so I'm attributing it to that.   A littlebit painful when I urinate, too--right in that same general area.  I assume he/she is pushing more on my bladder now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"