Adoption

HTT: Pestering your SW

Do you think that this actually works? Do you think that they work faster if you continue to push them, or do you think that it doesn't make a difference?

Re: HTT: Pestering your SW

• I guess it depends on what you're pestering them about, and how much control you have. At our profile meeting yesterday, we talked a lot about emergency placements. Our SW said that the information they would give us would be everything they have, so calling back a lot and asking for more information would be a waste of everyone's time.

Now, pestering for information on a question we asked her, that's going to happen if we don't hear anything.

• I think it depends on the personality of your SW.  If (s)he just doesn't give a darn, then no, I don't think it will help.  But if (s)he cares or wants to keep you happy, or wants to stop your calls, it might.

I'm a big believer in "the squeaky wheel gets the grease," but I also think any "pestering" should be done within reason and should take into account the SW's caseload.  Of course you don't want to come across as the little boy who cried wolf, so (s)he never returns your phone calls, but at the same time, it's important to remember that you are paying for a service, and it's okay to demand a certain level of responsiveness as a result.  Determining just where that line lies is the tricky part.

• Loading the player...
  • this question is near and dear to my heart, lol! Generally I think the answer will depend on the type of person your SW is...i occasionally get pestered at work and I cant stand it so i make a point to get whatever the pestering is over, done.  Squeaky wheel gets the grease.  But, I've also encountered people who get annoyed by "pesterers" and intentionally put them at the bottom of the list. 

So, in my dealings with SWs, I try to feel them out, be extremely polite and understanding in my "follow ups", and balance not being a pesterer with making sure they dont forget about me :)

• When I was trying to get a direct answer to a direct question I e-mailed daily until I got a response. If they were sending me something I asked for a date then if I dd not get it I would check back once a week.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"