Delivery at Shady Grove — The Bump
D.C. Area Babies

Delivery at Shady Grove

I know this will vary with insurance, but you would think that the hospital could tell you  an average fee in advance. I called to ask what the average fee was for a normal C-section, normal vag delivery, and circumcision. I got two completely different answers from two different people. Here is an example. I was told for a normal c-section with out complications 6800. Then I was told 10,000. ( both not including anesthesia or my ob bill) Does anyone have an idea?

TIA

Beta#1=1293 (13dp5dt), Beta#2 =4462 (17dp5dt), Beta#3 =8039 (19dp5dt) BFP 5/8/2009 IVF#2 w/ICSI & AH - April 09 - Transfer 5/1 IVF#1 w/ICSI & AH - Feb 09 - BFN MFI - low morph 1998 - Lap - Endometriosis, 1994 - Lap - Endometriosis, TTC - Tooooo Long! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Jeremiah 29:11-13 11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

Re: Delivery at Shady Grove

• You may want to call your OB to get prices for a c-section and circumcision.  I delivered at Holy Cross and think my c-section total was around $20,000 (doctor, anethisiologist, room, supplies, etc) and our son's circumcision was about $600. 
  • I have, but they suggested calling the hospital. My doctor's bill is already paid in advance. I did that directly through his office. I just can't seem to get any kind of price from the hospital for what their portion is.

Thanks!

Beta#1=1293 (13dp5dt), Beta#2 =4462 (17dp5dt), Beta#3 =8039 (19dp5dt) BFP 5/8/2009 IVF#2 w/ICSI & AH - April 09 - Transfer 5/1 IVF#1 w/ICSI & AH - Feb 09 - BFN MFI - low morph 1998 - Lap - Endometriosis, 1994 - Lap - Endometriosis, TTC - Tooooo Long! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Jeremiah 29:11-13 11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards