Houston Babies
Options

Vent: it's already started

Those of your on my FB might see who I am referring to - posted on my page yesterday that I shouldn't work out and just use pregnancy as an excuse (thank you CharlotteL for putting her in her place)...well last night she started chatting with me through FB and said to be careful because working out is bad for pregnant women. WTF? You have four kids and you're the expert, not my OB that said I SHOULD work out?

Then she tells me that I shouldn't get an epidural because of the horror stories. I said I'd take my chances. Then she goes on and on about how the Holy Spirit will guide me through the labor and pain and if I can handle the pain of working out (um, you're doing it wrong if there is THAT much pain working out) then I can handle labor. Really? Really? Because I would throw up from the pain of CRAMPS in high school....are you effing kidding me?

I feel better getting that out. Seriously considering blocking her. She's the same friend that couldn't believe my OB said it was okay to go float the river (um, wtf?) much less go to Mexico while pregnant. I'm PREGNANT not DISABLED.

Re: Vent: it's already started

• Options

Want me to kick her in the knees?

I think you should have her over and down a Coke, eat some sushi and lunchmeat and then tell her you want to smoke.

imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • Options

we all know one, and she shows up in force when you get pregnant.

ignore her, she's only going to get your blood pressure up, just waddle away, far away from her. and I bet after the baby shows up, she's gonna tell you everything you're gonna do wrong to mess up your kid.  that's the fun part, because once you're in super duper sleep deprovation mode, all edit buttons in the brain turn off.  That's a fun meltdown.

ignore her. block her, just make her go away. these people, if not someone you see everyday, just make you miserable.

don't give her another thought.

big sister, little brother
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i went to your FB page and made a comment. :)
  • Options

imagerayskit10:
    i went to your FB page and made a comment. :)

I love you for it! Funny thing...she specifically said NOT to ride a bike. HA! You're a genius!

• Options

I wish I could say the comments will end when you have the baby....unfortunately that's not the case. Parenthood is difficult without all the judgey holier than thou people out there. Stick to your guns and trust your instincts. FWIW, I ran 4 miles three to four times a week up until 7 month preggo when I got sciatica (not work out related).

You're doing fine!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    No matter what you decide to do, or not do, while pregnant someone will feel the need to tell you you're wrong.   I'm sorry, it sucks that people can't mind their own business. 
    My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • Options
    I'm about as far along as you, and in a similar boat, but it isn't friends...it is ILs.  They are a little...ummmm...."old school/old country".  I WALK too hard.  I lift too much (i.e. a large purse, a 12-pack of soda).  I go up and down the stairs too fast.  I eat all of the wrong stuff, prepared the wrong way.  Hubs keeps reminding me to just take what I can of value from them and ignore the rest...only you know what is the right decision for you :)
  • Options
    imageG-love:

we all know one, and she shows up in force when you get pregnant.

ignore her, she's only going to get your blood pressure up, just waddle away, far away from her. and I bet after the baby shows up, she's gonna tell you everything you're gonna do wrong to mess up your kid.  that's the fun part, because once you're in super duper sleep deprovation mode, all edit buttons in the brain turn off.  That's a fun meltdown.

ignore her. block her, just make her go away. these people, if not someone you see everyday, just make you miserable.

don't give her another thought.

Great advice and it's so true.  I have a friend who does this kind of stuff to me.  I try to just let it go in one ear and out the other and also limit my contact with her.  Sometimes I will make a snarky comment back, but honestly I don't even want to debate the issues with her b/c I know both the way she handled pregnancy and parenthood are not going to be the same as I will, so why bother.

• Options

I should make a friend request to you so I can respond too.  She would die if she knew I did a half marathon PG, worked out with a trainer up until I delivered and there are studies that prove working while PG results in healthier babies, easier deliveries and faster recovery.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

This would be why FB has the "defriend" feature.  Do it.

• Options
    FB friend removal in order.
  • Options
    You can defriend her or be really sneaky and limit her to where she can't see your status, write on your wall, etc. :)
  • Options

Tell her that I still run 3 miles a day and I'll be 36 weeks along tomorrow.  And I had an epi the first time and had no complications, could feel everything, etc.  That will blow her mind.  (though I'm seriously worried I won't be so lucky if I get an epi this time around ... I figure I'm due for a really bad experience)

Good for you for working out!  I ran up until 35 weeks with DD and then my doc made me stop b/c I was having contractions regularly while working out (stop running ... I still swam every day to get some exercise).  My recovery was really smooth, I walked to my room right after delivery ... and my DD came out with the ability to hold her head up.  Exercise is good for mommy and baby ... so long as you follow some general guidelines and don't overdue it. 

• Options
    i left a comment. she will be appaled!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageTexasHarmony:

I think you should have her over and down a Coke, eat some sushi and lunchmeat and then tell her you want to smoke.

haha! omg. please do this!

• Options
    imagekreeper611:

This would be why FB has the "defriend" feature.  Do it.

She would notice and that would cause more drama than it's worth. I'll just ignore her and hop off FB if she starts chatting with me. She'll get the clue.

• Options
    imageAshleve:
    imageTexasHarmony:

haha! omg. please do this!

Ditto! Everyone is right...unfortunately it will only get worse. My favorite was an annoying old lady at work who thought I was starving myself on purpose since my stomach wasn't as big as it should have been at X weeks!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh my; I hate ignorant people who feel they need to force their opinions on you.  I saw her post and rolled my eyes and moved on; guess I should have posted back!  Working out is one of the best things you can do for yourself and your baby - you'll know if you need to slow things down.  I felt a lot better through my last pgcy and I really think it was because I was in such better shape when it started and worked out daily throughout (but definitely wasn't doing 3 miles a day by 35 weeks - go lilrunner!!).  Now it is hard to get work outs in and I don't have the energy I did last time because of it.
  • Options

Ditto Harmony (=

I have had my own fair share of a Judgey McJudgerson person and it was so frustrating (even though I knew to ignore it)--UGH!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"