North Carolina Babies
Options

Getting rid of clothes before #2...

If you are planning on having #2, are you getting rid of any (consigning, donating, whatever) of DC#1's clothes? 

I have lots of friends who have not gotten rid of clothes between DC #1 & #2 and now are telling me they wish they had because #2 was opposite sex, not the right season, out of style, clothes have yellow or stains have come through that weren't visible before, etc. So I'm trying to decide how much of J's stuff to consign. FWIW, we're not planning to have #2 until around J's 3rd birthday. 

What are your opinions, suggestions, etc? 

Re: Getting rid of clothes before #2...

• Options
    I'll be interested to see the answers to this.  It's something I'm struggling with already because the little man has already outgrown so much stuff!  And I've got piles of 6 month summer clothes that he'll never wear!  And since we're not sure about #2 yet I'm not sure about holding on to every piece of clothing! 
  • Options

I've kept everything. Should we have another even if they are in different seasons I'm sure there are some things they will be able to wear especially from early on.  If it is a different sex we'll cross that bridge.. I feel like I'm destined to have all boys haha! 

ETA they will be at least 3.5 years apart possibly 4.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am holding on to a decent amount of Jacks clothes...none of the stained stuff plus a friend handed down some clothes and i kept a few of the cute younger outfits and gave the rest to goodwill if it wasn't worth consigning. Of course I'm hoping for a girl next time so i wouldn't use the clothes but I def. plan to use the sleepers again cuz I dont think its a big issue abotu what our next one would sleep in.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I want to get rid of most of them for all the reasons you mentioned.  But DH wants to keep all of them until #2 comes, and then get rid of them if we have a girl or they're the wrong season.  So we're keeping them.  We won't have another for awhile either, and I feel like I could get more out of them now than I can in another year or two, but it looks like we're keeping them.  We have boxes and boxes of Eli's clothes, and also bags of clothes that have been handed down to him that I don't want.  It's ridiculous.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've held onto everything.  Although DD#2 is opposite season to Natalie, I was pleasantly surpirsed how many things I can reuse -- even some of her summer dresses I'm going to reuse by putting a long sleeve onesie under it.  There are definitely somethings that I can't use but I'm still holding onto them in case we have a 3rd and it's a girl in the same season.  I won't be reusing clothes that are stained but I haven't bothered to get rid of them yet. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We are keeping them all, but we plan to TTC #2 pretty soon.  We have several huge rubbermaid containers full in the basement.

Baby J is here! Born on her mama's birthday.

11 pounds, 7 ounces and 23" long at birth!

My Bio

• Options
    imagemarryingacoach:

I've kept everything. Should we have another even if they are in different seasons I'm sure there are some things they will be able to wear especially from early on.  If it is a different sex we'll cross that bridge.. I feel like I'm destined to have all boys haha! 

ETA they will be at least 3.5 years apart possibly 4.

Ditto this.

• Options

I saved everything. We didn't know what we were having so we have a lot of gender neutral clothes. We have a lot that we can use even though dd was born in August and #2 will be born in November.

As far as those yellow stains... I found a few things with them. But a little Oxyclean and you can't see them. At the beginning I was mostly using Dreft (because people gave it to us) and I don't think it gets things really clean. I think that's part of the problem.

• Options
    So far I have saved everything, there are a few thing she never wore because I didn't like them, so those I will donate. Other than that, unless we have a boy, I will try to reuse as much as I can!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I saved everything and am so glad I did. ?They are only 2 months apart in terms of seasons and obviously both girls. ?I haven't needed to buy a thing for C (even though I did buy a few because I couldn't resist buying her?something?new).
  • Options
    I have held on to everything just in case we have another girl. I am not pg, but am hoping the seasons will be close enough that we will be able to use the clothes (and I can use my maternity clothes!). I have several gender neutral items too. If we have a boy, I will probably still hang onto all of Ashley's clothes in case we decide to have #3 and in case my sister needs it. She has so many cute things that have hardly been worn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"