Alabama Babies

I'm irritated re: pumping at work

2 weeks ago, another girl started using the mother's room. And it's just irritating me, I liked having the place to myself and not have to worry about anyone being in there, where my stuff is, etc.

The security lady took my key to make a copy and I haven't gotten it back, so in the mean time, instead of having to walk to the security desk, we just decided to leave the door unlocked while we weren't in there during the day.

Well today I had to work late and the girl LOCKED THE FREAKING DOOR!!! Ugh! So I went to the front desk and the barney phife (sp?) night guard couldn't find the master key and so I had to leave my milk and bag in the room... GRRRR!!! luckily my milk was in the fridge but still ANNOYING.

And... I noticed that she is freezing ALL of her milk she pumps - which is fine but she's freezing it in Lansinoh bags, standing UPRIGHT. I mentioned to her that it's easier to freeze them flat for easier storage and she is still freezing htem upright... that irritates me... I know I am not the most "right" person in the world but it still irritates me.

Re: I'm irritated re: pumping at work

• Sorry you are having a rough time! Maybe you should get a key for that room tomorrow or else ask the other mom not to lock the door.

At least you have a mother's room... I wish we had one! Lucky!

Oh.. and to each their own as far as the freezer bags. I freeze mine standing upright too, but that's because I like them to stand up in the freezer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• :( sry you are getting so annoyed. i understand it's inconvenient to have to change something that you have been doing a certain way for a while. but she does need a place to pump too, doesn't she? i think it's really nice that your job provides a place for mama's to pump. there isn't a designated area at my job. anyway, i'm sure you and her can come to an agreement that suits both of you as to how you will handle locking the door, etc. just have a chat with her...

imageMissLMS:

Sorry you are having a rough time! Maybe you should get a key for that room tomorrow or else ask the other mom not to lock the door.

At least you have a mother's room... I wish we had one! Lucky!

Oh.. and to each their own as far as the freezer bags. I freeze mine standing upright too, but that's because I like them to stand up in the freezer.

i totally agree. she may have a reason for freezing them the way she does. but i wouldn't worry about it - that's her business.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"