Upstate NY Babies

My first full day a formula-feeder..

Didn't go all that well.. Twice I tried to give her a bottle while we were out and she wouldn't take it cuz it was too cold.. Once it was in my bottle cooler with ice so a bit colder than room temp, but the second time it was just room temp water and she still wouldn't take it.. and there was nowhere to heat her bottle up..I ended up having to go to the barnes and noble starbucks and ask for a cup of hot water (it took them three tries to actually give me a cup of water that i could use to heat a bottle).. and then she finally took it..I am really not used to having to heat up bottles while we are out though..

Eve has also been super cranky today.. but I don't think it has anything to do with the formula since she's been getting formula for a month.

I did nurse her at 4am because she woke up and I felt pretty full and I will probably nurse her again before bed.. but also give her a full bottle.. 

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
imagebabies
baby growth

Re: My first full day a formula-feeder..

• I never pre-mix formula. Justin was the same way about not wanting "cold" bottles. I got the enfamil to go packets for when we were out and about.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS couldn't handle cold formula in the beginning which made it difficult when we were out because I had to mix it on the spot (not fun when he wanted to eat immediately). I used to carry bottled water in my bag (the little 8 oz. size). That way it was room temp. or slightly warmer. Is your dd teething or going through a growth spurt? That may account for the crankiness.
  • Loading the player...
  • yeah, the 2nd bottle I just used water and mixed the formula there.. so it was room temp.. but she still wouldn't take it.. I also think the current formula I am using she doesn't like so much..Hopefully with a different kind she will at least take room temp.. I don't know what else to do.. I even looked at the car bottle warmers today but they said you can't use them with the drop-ins.. 

I THINK she is teething.. but I have thought that for 2 months. 

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • imageMrsWhiteonWhiteSt:
    I never pre-mix formula. Justin was the same way about not wanting "cold" bottles. I got the enfamil to go packets for when we were out and about.

ditto 

imageimageimage
  • It will get better! I can only imagine how nasty cold formula tastes, it may take some getting used to!
  • i just found out this week that you can premake bottles.  That is why I always mixed the bottles when we were out.  i am lucky that ethan will eat anything
  • I THINK she is teething.. but I have thought that for 2 months.

It can sometimes be that long!  Gavin took forever to cut those first teeth.  And I know it was bothering him because he stopped eating well.  Good luck!  It will get better...it may just take time. 

• I have thought ethan was teething for the past couple weeks.  When he was cutting his first 2 teeth it was from 4-6 months.  At 5 months it got really bad and then finally at 6 months those teeth came through.  I hate that it's a guessing game.  It is so hard not knowing if that is why they are cranky or something else.
  • imageMelissaSue81:

yeah, the 2nd bottle I just used water and mixed the formula there.. so it was room temp.. but she still wouldn't take it.. I also think the current formula I am using she doesn't like so much..Hopefully with a different kind she will at least take room temp.. I don't know what else to do.. I even looked at the car bottle warmers today but they said you can't use them with the drop-ins.. 

I THINK she is teething.. but I have thought that for 2 months. 

Teething can take a long time, depending on each baby. Hang in there.

With drop-ins - I'd pour the formula into the inserts and run the lower end of the insert under hot water for a few seconds. It warmed the formula up enough so that ds would drink it.

Also, I've heard that some babies will prefer some formulas over the others. It wouldn't hurt to try another one to see if it helps. Good luck.

• Yeah. I normally run under hot water too.. but we were at BRU and they just had the automatic faucets with the not even warm water.. *sigh*.. you'd think BRU would be more baby friendly!

Trying a different formula today.. Hopefully she likes it better.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Aww, sorry that you are having a hard time with the transition.  Hopefully you will find something that works for you soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"