Baby Showers

Should i have a 2nd baby shower?

Ok this is a little different. I have a 16 month old daughter she was an early summer baby. however i am now expecting a winter baby with my fiance. my daughter is not his biological child, should we have a baby shower for his family for the new baby since it is 2st baby? his family briefly discussed having one. i just am not sure what to do, i mean i have most all of the things ex carseat stroller swing things like that and they are unisex. I just dont know if we shoudl register for some other things we would like to have that i didnt get with my daughter or just let it go and see what happens...

Re: Should i have a 2nd baby shower?

• I personally think that if his family wants to throw one, then go right ahead. It's his first and he/she deserves some loving.
  • If his family offers, I think it's ok, as long as you don't get out of control with the registry or anything.  Generally I think 2nd showers are tacky but I can see how this is slightly different. 

Sadie is not impressed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "This ribbon has been reported." - lovesnina
  • Loading the player...
  • imageValentineBB:

If his family offers, I think it's ok, as long as you don't get out of control with the registry or anything.  Generally I think 2nd showers are tacky but I can see how this is slightly different. 

Ditto.

• I think in this situation that it's almost expected.

This is my 2nd- 2 and a half years apart, but a different gender.  I still didn't want a baby shower but so many people insisted.. and they have already started planning one.. so I basically was like ok if your really want to, just keep it small!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am in same boat ad MamaMandW...I have a daughter who is 3 now and I am expecting a boy..I thought that second showers were tacky but everyone said go ahead..I am not throwing it and a friend offered..I didn't go nuts with the registry, just for "boy" stuff..I say go for it..Everyone can decide what they want to spend or not spend..
  • If someone in his family wants to throw a shower for you and invite his family or mutual friends that did not attend your first shower then fine.  If you plan to invite the same people who came to your first shower...then no.
  • If his family wants to throw one then by all means! If not you can have a meet the baby party after baby is born to include them in the celebration.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagehopefulmom:
    If someone in his family wants to throw a shower for you and invite his family or mutual friends that did not attend your first shower then fine.  If you plan to invite the same people who came to your first shower...then no.

What she said.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"