Blended Families

Just a minor BM vent

Yesterday she came with her BF to pick up SS from our house. My nephew and DS were playing on the floor of the living room, while SS, DH, and BIL were all playing a video game. I was in the kitchen cleaning and getting things ready to start dinner. She knocks on the door and DH opens it. Her bf and her just walk right in, ok whatever they are picking up SS so I'm fine. DS is sitting closest to the door so he stands up and is talking to them. Nephew walks over and chats her up like he does any female nowadays. She asks Nephew for a hug, and he non chalantly gives her one. Then when they were walking out DS had walked out to the porch and was trying to color with chalk. Her bf was suprised at how much he does for a 1year old. She makes the comment, "SS was once that little and cute." Ok nothing wrong with that comment. Then BIL jokes "yeah now he's getting old and ugly." The follows it up with I'm only joking. I know you were only trying to point out that he was once that little. Then under her breath she says "no, I was trying to point out my kid was once much cutier than that." Now mind you I didn't hear her say that but DH did and he didn't say anything. Had I heard her I would have said, "that is highly inappropirate, all of the children here are adorable children and for you to say that out loud in front of your son you should be ashamed of yourself. I think it's about time you grow up and realize that Bill and I are married and we have a child together. Get over yourself." It still is kind of getting to me which was her point, so I'm kind of glad I didn't let her know it got to me. But on the other hand how childish is that. My son is friggin adorable and I don't compare him to SS ever. Of course she is biased because she doesn't like me so there for doesn't like my child. ARGGGGGGGGGG!
Proud Step Mom to Zachary 10-26-98
Loving Wife to Billy 04-28-07
Proud mom to Jeremy 08-15-08

Re: Just a minor BM vent

• I think I would very nicely tell her she is never allowed in your house again. But that's just me.
    Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • I think she's allowed to find her child cuter than yours.  Let it go.
    Seriously, people. If your faith in humanity is destroyed because your parents told you there was a Santa Claus and as it turns out there is no Santa Claus, you are an ignorant, hypersensitive cry baby with absolutely zero perspective. - UnderwaterRhymes
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesprky79:
    I think she's allowed to find her child cuter than yours.  Let it go.

I agree but, I think it is the fact that she vocalized it. & SS potentially heard it. Pretty sh!tty if you ask me. If BM ever said that in front of SS ab my DD it would be hard to let it go.

• Sure...but there's no need to SAY it!
    Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • I have no problem with her thinking that or saying that to her bf. She is allowed to think that about her child, but what bothers me is that SS may have heard it and I think that is in appropriate to say infront of your child, especially considering it's his brother and he thinks hes the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    Proud Step Mom to Zachary 10-26-98
    Loving Wife to Billy 04-28-07
    Proud mom to Jeremy 08-15-08

• I agree - next time she rings the doorbell don't let her in.
  • imagesprky79:

And she's allowed to forgo all social graces and barge into your home, insult you and your kids.  She's the MOM, right?  Ick.

I second not letting her back into your home, but I greatly admire you for being the bigger person and not starting a war (over the issue of letting her in your home) for the sake of your kids. 

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • imageJ&A2008:

imagesprky79:

And she's allowed to forgo all social graces and barge into your home, insult you and your kids.  She's the MOM, right?  Ick.

I second not letting her back into your home, but I greatly admire you for being the bigger person and not starting a war (over the issue of letting her in your home) for the sake of your kids. 

This.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"