South Florida Babies

What week did you have your baby?

I'm getting pretty anxious. I know that every case is different but I was just wondering what your experience was like. Did you go early or late? When did you go to the hospital? Did your water break, were you having contractions, did you go to get induced?

I have felt pretty good so far. I've had lots of BH but nothing stronger or timeable. I'm feeling lots of pressure but usually after I have been standing for a while or after I walk. I have only had one internal (3 weeks ago) and I was not dilated but was 50% effaced. To my knowledge, I have not lost my MP. In other words- no real labor signs. 

For some reason, I keep having a dream that I go for my weekly appointment, my doctor checks me and tells me "what are you doing here- go straight to the hospital". I don't know if a scenario like this is possible if I'm not 'feeling' anything. Anyways, I'm soooo excited to finally meet him and I hope it's not too much longer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What week did you have your baby?

• 39 weeks, on Labor Day last year! I woke up at 6 a.m to "leaking" and went to the hospital :)
  • I had a scheduled c-section at 38 weeks. My doctor scheduled a growth u/s because at my last visit to him the baby felt very big and when he did the internal he could not feel her at all. When I went for my u/s she was measuring 8lbs. She had not dropped. We talked induction for only a second because my doctor did not feel I was a candidate. In his experience, I would have labored only to end up in a c-section. I trusted my doc and went with the C and have never regretted it although I was apprehensive at the time. During delivary we got further proof that Sophie was sorta "stuck" up high when my doc had a difficult time getting her out. At 38 weeks gestation Sophie was 8lbs 8oz.

At least you are effaced and have been since 36 weeks. That is a good sign, right? When is your next appointment?   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • They let me go to 41 wks and then scheduled me to be induced.  I never progressed and ended up with a c-section.
  • 38 weeks with Alex and 36 weeks with Max : )
  • All this talk about actually having the baby is scaring me! I can't believe how close we all are to meeting our LO's. Eeeek!!!
  • I got induced the day of my 39 week appointment because of high blood pressure.
  • I went in for my 39th week appt for the dr to tell me that I was already in active labor.  I had a very easy delivery, and I hate talking about it b/c I don't want to jinx myself for #2!  lol! 

The appt was at 930 AM and he came at 511 pm

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • Thanks so much for sharing!

I have my 39 week appointment Wed at 4 pm. I can't wait! My family and co-workers have placed bets. Most think I'll go Thursday, Oct 1 or Tuesday, Oct 6. We'll see!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • He's sooooo close, Jess!!! :) So exciting!

My cousin who is with the same OB as you got induced at 40 weeks and 1 day (or 40 weeks and 2 days, I'm not sure). She was already 2 cm dilated and her cervix was soft so he felt like she was ready and her body just needed a "jump start"...she hadn't had any real contractions, hadn't lost her mucus plug, etc. No real labor signs. The only way the doctor knew she was ready was from the internal. The induction was really successful and she ended up having a very easy vaginal delivery.

See what they tell you on Wednesday and whether they think you would be a good candidate for induction. If not you can just wait it out a little longer. I've heard of women who have had NO labor signs and then all of a sudden they just go into full blown active labor in a day. Other women seem to "gear up" for labor for several days or even weeks before they actually get going. I think it totally depends from woman to woman, so even though you don't feel anything now, you can always wake up one morning this week and be ready to go :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh yes, there is nothing like the feeling of being so close!! ;)

My little one came at 39 weeks 5 days. I had a doctor's appointment and was sent for induction the day before due to high blood pressure and some protein in the urine. (induced at 11 AM, had baby 1230 AM). Induction successful. Good luck!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• With Diego my water broke at 37 wks 3 days. With Sophia it was a repeated c-section so the Dr. scheduled it for 38 wks 4 days. 
  • At 39 weeks 4 days he was cut out of me with no labor in sight so who knows how long I'd go!
  • With Sebastian I was induced at 41weeks3 days. I was dilated 3 cm and totally effaced for 3 weeks but never went into labor. Got induced and 20 hours later ended up with a c-section.

I was 39weeks 5 days with Nathan when I had my repeat c-section.

I hold my babies in a long time apparently!

• My water broke and I had Zoe at 37 weeks and 1 day
  • 39 weeks and 2 days and i started contractions first thing in the morning. Once I went to the hospital that night, the dr. broke my water and by 1:30 am Riley arrived.
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • At 37 weeks. Water broke around 1 a.m., hadn't felt contractions yet. I went to the hospital around 4 am cause contractions got very close. Delivered at 9:30 a.m.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was 41 weeks and 2 days.

Harvard did a public healthy study on first time moms.  It showed that the average length of gestation for a first time mom is 41 weeks and 1 day.

So obviously some first time moms will go sooner than that and some will go later.

;)

The dreams are probably your subconscious getting you prepared to go into labor.  Try to relax and not get too anxious.  That's the best recipe (along with maybe some sex!) to get labor going.   Adrenaline can cause labor to slow down or even stop.  It can probably also prevent you from even starting. 

GL!

• Btw, I forgot to answer about my experience. My water broke at midnight the night before my next doctor's apt. We packed everything (I hadn't packed my bag yet), I ate, and we went to the hospital.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 39 weeks via c-section. I went in for a doctor appt. the day before and I was so swollen they thought I was going to pop. I came back for an ultrasound and the baby was measuring frickin huge and came out at 9lb 6oz, about half a pound heavier than they thought he would be! Thank god they took him out when they did or tiny little 5 foot karen would have given birth to an 11 pound baby!

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• I had my daughter on my EDD...exactly 40 weeks. 
  • She was born on her due date.  He'll be here before you know it. 
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Induced 1 day before 38 weeks b/c of high blood pressure.  I was already dilated to 2cm though and the dr said I would have gone into labor on my own soon after.
    image image

• I went into labor at 1:30 in the morning on my due date and Nicholas was born that evening.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"