Success after IF

ivf moms: how long did you stim?

Hi everyone,

I'm lurking from the IF board, currently doing stims for ivf#1.  I've heard egg quality is best with 8-10 days of stims, but I am now looking at 11-12 days.  Maybe it's all the hormones, but this has me upset.  Would you mind sharing with me how many days you stimmed and how many mature eggs you got, since you are all ivf success stories?  It would put my mind at ease.  Thanks very much!

P.S.  FWIW, I am on the MDL protocol....

TTC Since 2007 M/C survivor twice in 2008 IVF twice at CCRM in 2009 TWIN BOYS born in July 2010 IVF again in 2011 BABY GIRL due August 2012

Re: ivf moms: how long did you stim?

• I stimmed for 11 days full throttle. I did 450iu of gonal f and 150iu of menopur. I did MDL too. We got 16 eggs and 15 were mature. Good luck! I hope you have a great ER!
    Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 10 days of stims, 14 retrieved, 13 mature

GL!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I believe I stimed for 8-9 days but I dont think it is bad to go for longer.  It is all when your body responds.  I am pretty sure your RE would cancel the cycle if they didn't think they would get quality eggs. (I had 19eggs, 10 fertilize, 2 transfered and none made it to freeze)   Speak up and ask them next time you go in, I wish I had asked more questions when I was going through it all. I think I would have worried less.

Best of Luck!!!

• I was on long lupron and have PCOS so I am a fast stimmer! I did 7 days, triggered on the 8th, and got 18 eggs. ?We only had 2 make it to day 3, and quality wasn't perfect...but DD is in siggie! So don't stress too much about quality. ?Good luck!!
    DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our bfp cycle I stimmed fo 12 days

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
  • I stimmed for 11 days and stayed at 225 gonal-f and 150 menopur the entire time.  They retrieved 10 eggs (don't know how many mature) and 6 fertilized with conventional IVF.  Of the 6, 5 were grade 1 on day 3 and we transferred 2 6-day blasts (not sure about quality on day 6), none made it to freeze.
    It took 3 1/2 long years, but we finally got our little miracle!
    IVF #1 - BFP (6dt)
    Unassisted Pregnancy #2 - lost at 15w6d due to T21, severe heart defects, and fetal hydrops

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• First, good luck!!! I stimmed for 9 days and coasted for 1. I used Follistim (75iu) and Menopur (150iu). I dropped my Follistim after 7 days of stimming to 50iu. We retrieved 26 eggs, 20 were mature, 18 fertilized, we had 6 decent ones going into ET. We transferred two blasts and none made it to freeze. Again, good luck!!!!
    It took over four years to be diagnosed with PCOS. We TTC #1 for 18 months, did 5 rounds of Clomid and finally moved onto IVF...which worked! Throughout our IF journey, we suffered 3 miscarriages. We conceived both DD and DS without treatment.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've heard the longer you stim, the better egg quality.  I coasted a few days as our dr. kept trying to build my eggs long and slow and keeping that estrogen growing slow.  I stimmed 13 days!  I got nervous around day 10-11 but I trusted in my dr. and it paid off!  He knew what he was doing.

• I did EPP/MDL and stimmed for almost 2 weeks! we got 4 follies, 4 eggs, 3 embies and 1 baby.

good luck!

2 infertiles' journey to 2 pink lines (and a baby girl)
    "our IF story"
  • 18 days with IVF # 4 and it was successful in getting us pregnant.  I have to stim for a long long time as it takes me about 8 days to just start responding to stims and about 10-11 days to even have measurable follicles.
  • IVF #1 - 8 days and BFN

IVF #2 - 12 days and result is in my siggie.  Good luck!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
    3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
    My IF Blog: Between the Lines
    My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama
  • 13 days, 7 eggs, 7 fert, 7 made it to 5dt, bfp!
    2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I did stims for 12 days-- 225iu of Bravelle and 75 of Menopur.  They retrieved 23 eggs, 15 fertilized (no ICSI), 7 were frozen at 2 cells, we transferred 2 blasts on day 5 and 2 more made it to freeze (as blasts).  Both blasts stuck and are still doing well!  A friend of mine stimmed for 14 days and transferred 2 embryos and is also pregnant with twins.  So, definitely don't worry about stimming for longer!  The results I've seen are great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I only stimmed for 7 days and had 28 eggs retrived, 17 fertilized.  They also say that stimming for too short of a time can result in poor quality as well, but that wasn't the case for me.  Good luck to you.
    Ectopic pregnancy Aug. 2008, followed by a diagnosis of two blocked tubes.
    IVF#1 gave us a BFP on 8/24/09, DD born May 2010
    Surprise, natural BFP July 2012 ended in miscarriage 9/4/12 at 10w4d
    FET#1 January 2013
  • 8 days w/ 150 units menopur

We got 15 mature - 13 fertilized normally and we ended up with 6 blasts (2 transferred and 4 frozen)

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 7 days, my estradiol rose kinda quickly. got 9 eggs, 7 mature. 
  • Thanks everyone for talking me down off the ledge.  It must be the hormones.  Congratulations to you all and I hope to join you here someday!

TTC Since 2007 M/C survivor twice in 2008 IVF twice at CCRM in 2009 TWIN BOYS born in July 2010 IVF again in 2011 BABY GIRL due August 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"