TTC after 35
Options

Anyone with high FSH?

I just got from the RE and he said my FSH was in the 30's last week on the two days they tested.  On my CD3 testing it was only 7 but now since I was on Clomid it's in the 30's????  He said the Clomid should have been out of my system by then sooooo, POF was what he thinks it could be.  Last week he said I was fine, now today it's a different story.

Anybody else have a similar situation?  I'm truly discouraged at this point, especially since he said IVF would not really help my chances if it is POF.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone with high FSH?

• Options

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. I have high FSH, and I know what it is like to be told you do, and that IVF won't really help. My RE told me that our chances are 5% or less with or without ART.

My FSH didn't change that much with the challenge test - it went from 17 to either 18 or 19. That big a jump seems strange to me, but I'll be interested to hear what other people say about it.

I would want to have another FSH test, if I were you, because labs do make mistakes.

All of that said, people do get pregant with high FSH. Google High FSH success, if you haven't already - there's a message board for women with High FSH. I don't post there, but I read it sometimes.

(((hugs))))

• Options

I think Clomid can skew the FSH results.  I also have a high FSH which jumped up a lot within 9 months. RE won't do IVF with my eggs unless the FSH goes below 15 (which could happen since I'm in the middle of regulating my thyroid).

Definitely do another test.  Results can be wrong sometimes. Good luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I would try and get a sceond opinion or see if you can retest off the comid...those resuts are strange.

My is over 14 and the doctor has never told me that IVF wouldn't work for me.  If these results are true, you might just need to find a clinic that works with high fsh.

GL to you!!

• Options
    Back in December my FSH was 101....  In August it was 6.something, now it is in the 50's...  My RE saiys I have something like intermittant ovarian failure....  I was on clomid this last time... I didn't know clomid effected the #'s...  I hope to have it back down again soon.   So, it can fluctuate.  I wish you lots of luck!
  • Options

I have a high FSH.  It can mean that you'd be a low responder to IVF drugs.  It doesn't mean that there isn't hope.  You produce an egg each month and research is begining to show that - particularly in low responders - your body naturally selects the best egg.  Look at this web site to understand why you probably do still have good eggs, you just may not be getting one of the really good ones every cycle.  https://www.advancedfertility.com/eggquantityquality.htm

There are still IVF treatments that can help.  I'm on something called Natural Cycle IVF this cycle.  It uses my own egg that I normally produce, but there are no drugs except the trigger.  They've had some really good success rates with it.  i'll let you know on Tuesday afternoon if it worked for me!  (Beta is on Tuesday)  Several of my friends have done it (all of whom had high FSH - one that was over 25) and they all got K/U with it.  Look here if you want to learn more.  https://www.naturalcycleivf.net/green-fertility/green-fertility.aspx

TTC #1,
    IUI #1: December 2008 - BFN
    IVF #1: Microdose Lupron - July 2009; only got 1 egg; BFN
    IVF #2: Natural IVF - Sept 2009; BFP!; D&C Nov. 2009
    IVF #3: Natural IVF - ER: Feb 4, 2010 - 1 "M2" egg retrieved; ET: Feb 9; Beta#1 (19dpo): 2567; Beta #2: 6933; BFP w/ singleton w/strong hrtbt! DS born October 2010
    TTC#2
    IVF #4: Natural IVF - ER: Nov. 20, 2011; ET: Nov. 25, 2011; BFP! Beta#1 (19dpo): 1918; Saw hrtbt on 12/28/11!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"