New Jersey Babies

X-post: ob/gyn rec's - vbac supportive?

Hi all.

DH and I will be ttc soon. Since we just moved here a few months ago, I relied on my GP to give me a recommendation on an ob/gyn.  I had him look at the list of my preferred providers my insurance co gave me and he could only suggest one.

I liked the guy, but I have an issue. I had a C-section the first time around, and I'm really hoping for a VBAC this time. This new guy was not supportive of that. He said he would reluctantly do it.

So, I want to find someone else who's more supportive. I'm even thinking I should check out midwives.

I live in Glen Rock, and have United Healthcare. Any ladies with suggestions on V-BAC friendly docs in the plan?

Thanks so much!!! 

Re: X-post: ob/gyn rec's - vbac supportive?

• Hi MrsBonJovi,

!st post I am making in 2 years or more.... I am not to sure where Glenn Rock is, I am in NY but I travel To Oradell NJ to MY OBGYN.  I have used on in Engalewood and one in NYC but I trust my heart ans soul to my ob.

his name is dr weiner and I am as well TTC and he is supportive of it and I plan to hire the nurse in his office who is also a Doula.

He dlivers in Valley.

He delivered my 1st DD  I too have the same insurance as well.

• I also see Dr Craig Wiener and although I deliverd my DS naturally I do know he is supportive of VBAC.  Now, in my opinion the office there is a little crazy and be prepared to wait.  Dr. Craig is great though.  My sister had all three of her children with him as well and most of my friends go to him.  Good Luck! 
  • Loading the player...
  • i agree, the office can be crazy, but if you make your appoinments in advance and make then early there is never more then 5 min wait.

I know sometimes that might not work for everyone, but I truly only had to wait more then 5 min only a few times.

I always made a mths worth of appoiment in advnace .  I got to go there once a week thru my whole pregnancy and then 2 3 times a week in the last 3 mths,  I was high risk and i had GD.  He even did my amnio in the office and it was a breeze. 

That office is like family they care.

Plus they helped me lose 60lbs after i was done nursing with the nutrioinst they have in the office so i sitll went once a week.

good luck

• where are you located at? I previously worked for the March of Dimes but now am a stay at home mom...I'm in the same boat previously had a C-section want to try a VBAC. There are very few Dr.'s in the state that will perform them. I know there are a few doctors at Virtua in south Jersey, and Dr. James O'Mara in Trenton at Capital Health, also Lawrence OBGYN in Lawrenceville.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"