South Florida Babies

Greeaaaatttt....

So apparently, I failed my GD test by 1 point. :(

::off to schedule my 3 hour::

Re: Greeaaaatttt....

• Awww. I am sorry you have to redo it! Hopefully failing by 1 point means you will pass the 3 hour. Take a good book with you. :o)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I failed by 1 point as well - and had to do the 3 hour.  It didn't turn out to be as badly as I expected.  Best of luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed you pass!
  • Loading the player...
  • I failed by a couple of points and had to the the 3-hour too...passed with flying colors!.

It's a pain though and I did feel a little sick right after.  Take a book, a sweater (it's always freezing in those offices!) and good luck :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ewwww all that for only 1 point!
  • I failed by just a point or two also! The sugar from the drink made me extremely tired and I ended up asking for a room in the OB's office to lay down in, and I ended up passing out for the last hour, LOL!! Bring a sweater!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• I'm definitely not happy about the prospect of having to drink that stuff again. Drinking it the first time gave me a huge stomach ache and little miss Carley thought it was party time with the giant sugar rush she was getting. Hopefully it won't be bad this time either. Thanks for the recommendation on bringing a book...that's a good idea!
  • Most people I know that failed by so little, do great on the 3 hour test. Hopefully that's the case with you! Good luck!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ughhh that sucks :( I think I was borderline too. One nurse on the phone told me that the results were "a little high" and that the doctor might ask me to do the three hour, but then the nurse I saw in person the next day told me that it was still within the normal range. I really hope that the process is as quick and easy for you as possible!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSouthMiamiWifeJen:
    Ughhh that sucks :( I think I was borderline too. One nurse on the phone told me that the results were "a little high" and that the doctor might ask me to do the three hour, but then the nurse I saw in person the next day told me that it was still within the normal range. I really hope that the process is as quick and easy for you as possible!!!

Thanks Jen, I hope so too. I think what set her off was the fact that there was sugar in my pee that day. I ate cereal (Frosted Flakes) the morning of my appointment (since I thought I was clear after not receiving a phone call in 3 weeks!!!). Plus I had a piece (okay, a HUGE chunk) of cookie cake the night before.

• Oh, no...for one point. I am sure that you will pass the 3 hours one. Good luck on that one. I loved the orange drink so I hope it was not too bad for you.....:)
  • Good luck on round 2, I am sure you will do fine!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imagelove4ever2006:
    I loved the orange drink so I hope it was not too bad for you.....:)

weirdo!!!!!

• You'll probably pass your 3 hour.  I'm sorry you have to do it though!  That sucks.

Only about 15% of the people that fail the one hour will also fail the three hour.  Remember the one hour test is just a screening test.  It's goal is to get a lot of women that could possibly have GD and then give the more expensive testing.  But really most women will pass the three hour and since you were so close, I'm sure you probably pass.  It's just a hassle.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebritishbride05:

imagelove4ever2006:
    I loved the orange drink so I hope it was not too bad for you.....:)

weirdo!!!!!

x2 ;) lol

• Uggghh.... I'm sorry dear.  I actually had to take my 1 hour 3 times because me doctor's office kept screwing up.  Just relax and you'll get through it.  Just bring a good book with you :)
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"