Special Needs

Wanted to say thank you to all the lovely ladies on SN...

....because my time here is done.  I'm posting late hoping to just get it off my chest and because I need to say it to someone, anyone.  We are withdrawing our beautiful Matthew's life support later today.  He is 7 months 2 days old and my heart is breaking.  We had a multi-disciplinary family meeting last week and they told us that there is nothing more that they can do for him.  They said that we could stay the course and he could stay as he is right now in the hospital with machines keeping him alive, but that there are no more tests or treatments and that he would never be home with us.  The last week with him has been so precious but how do you say goodbye.  I know that I have been a terrible lurker, but I do feel like this  board is one a the few places I could go to see other families that understand the hardships and undying love that come bundled with a special child.  So with that, thank you ladies.

~Michelle A

JMA 2/26/09-9/28/09 MMA 11/22/10

Re: Wanted to say thank you to all the lovely ladies on SN...

• i am so sorry to hear everything you are going through. ?you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers! ?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so sorry to hear this.  You and your family are in my thoughts and in my prayers.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, I am so sorry. You and your family will be in my prayers.
  • I'm so sorry!  My sympathy goes out to you and your family!!  You are a very strong mom!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm so very sorry. My heart breaks for you and your family and I will keep you lifted up in prayer.
  • Hugs as you go through this.  It was very ahrd with my grandma and I imiagine it is 1000 times worse with a tiny baby.  Will you be able to donate his organs? 
  • I am so very sorry that you are going through this.  I take comfort that the last week was precious for you. 

I know this is a terribly difficult decision. 

(( BIG BEAR HUG ))

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  Many blessings.

• So sorry to hear this.  Your family will be in my thoughts.
  • This is heartbreaking news.  I am so sorry to hear this.  I wish you the best and will keep you in my thoughts as you move through your grieving process.  ((Hugs))
  • Big hugs honey.  I am so sorry that you were faced with this decision.  No parents should ever have to make this choice.  I am so glad that the time you spent with your son was precious, and that you, and he, will be at peace.  I imagine that the days ahead will be long and hard, and we will be here sending you good thoughts, warm wishes, and prayers.  You can come here whenever you need to vent or grieve if you would like to.  We will always lift you and your family up as high as we can.  All of my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
  • I am so sorry for what you and your family must be going through. I hope you're able to find comfort in the precious time you did have with him. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.
    A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garrett
    image7_0002 A ~ 2.7.06 S ~ 9.2.07
  • I am so sorry to hear this.  My thoughts and prayers are with you....
    Kirsten DD 4-7-06
  • I am truly, truly sorry. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better, but my word, I know there just isn't.  My heart aches for you and I wish you and your family the best.  May the Lord wrap you in His peace and surround you with comfort. 
  • My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time. My heart is breaking...for you.
  • Thinking of you, so sorry.
  • I am so sorry that you have had to make this decision.  It was nice to hear that you had a good week with your little boy.  Please know that you still have all the support in the world on this board and feel free to visit any time. 
  • I wish you love and healing
    imageimage
    Max 4-08-08 and Michael 2-03-91 (19 years olds)
    image Both boys were born w/ hirschsprung's disease, you find yourself facing this dx, please feel free to ask me any questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"