Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

vomiting without any other symptoms?

My daughter has always had a lot of ear infections, and had tubes put in last July.  One fell out this past June, and she had a minor ear infection in July.  She had another one about 2 weeks ago.  After taking antibiotics for 4 days, she threw up.  She was acting completely fine, and didn't have any other symptoms.  She was fine this week and finished her antibiotics on Friday.  Yesterday my sister was watching her and she threw up again, and without symptoms.  My sister remembers her holding her head right before she threw up, like her head hurt or maybe she was dizzy.  Again, she was fine all day, acting completely normal.  I will be calling the peditrician and/or ENT 1st thing tomorrow.  Has anyone ever heard of something like this?  Any ideas of what it could be?  Of course we're leaving for Disneyworld next weekend, seems she's always sick right before we leave!

Re: vomiting without any other symptoms?

• Options

I would say it *could* be a side effect of the antibiotics OR it might be a virus.

I hate to tell you this, but when my DS got the stomach flu last year, he threw up once on a Friday night. He was totally fine the whole day and even that night. All the next day he was completely fine (no vomiting, no diarrhea, no fever, etc....). The following day (Sunday....) he threw up two more times and then the diarrhea started......

I would just watch her to make sure she doesn't develop a fever....

Hope she feels better! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Same thing here last weekend.  Puked twice Saturday night.  Was normal Sunday.  Puked once Monday morning. (Projectile. On the carpet.  Awesome.)   But was fine the rest of the day (wasn't too interested in food for a day or two...  and was a little stuffy in the nose at night, but was totally fine otherwise.)

WEIRD bug that one was!  Could have been worse, though!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"