Trouble TTC
Options

Dh and I are looking into IVF, I was curious...How did everyone pay for theirs?

Any suggestions?

6 IUI total= All with BFN 5 Laparoscopy

Re: Dh and I are looking into IVF, I was curious...How did everyone pay for theirs?

• Options
    Dh and I have More than half, and money for our medications. We just need to find another wasy to get the rest...And We don't want to ask our parents. Unless we get desperate.
    6 IUI total= All with BFN 5 Laparoscopy
  • Options
    didn't do IVF, but we were 100% OOP, so we took out part of our retirement/401K.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We hit our max insurance coverage for fertility treatments and drugs/medications during my IUIs so IVFs (already had 1 and are in the midst of 2 now) have been out of pocket.  We're fortunate to have savings that can cover these treatments. 
    5 IUIs | 4 IVFs | 2 sweet little girls Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We were fortunate enough to get a generous gift from my parents.Also it's going on credit cards.
    imageimage

• Options

We are paying for some and my generous parents and BIL have offered to pay for the rest. 

There's Care Credit, credit cards, personal loans, and a couple fertility loan companies out there. Your doc should have the information on those.  Good luck to you!

• Options

The first time, we got a loan from my parents. The second time, we opened an American Express credit card that had 0% financing for a year. Our goal was to pay that off before the year was up, and we did it.

We still owe my parents a few thousand but hope to have that paid back before the end of this year.

It totally sucks that insurance doesn't cover IF stuff when it's clearly a medical condition! Sorry you have to go through it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We are in the process of saving.  I am working 70 hours a week so my part-time job I got is the "baby" fund. And any side jobs the hubby works on goes towards that fund too! I'm sure there are a lot of credit cards that you can get and some IVF docs have financing services available.  We decided to pay cash for ours so we don't' have to worry about the debt while we are preggers!!!

Good luck to you!  I'm am also very sorry you have to go through with this.. It's just not fare and insurance should cover this.. It's not our fault. 

• Options

We have savings, but would have charged it to our British Airways card first to get some travel miles.

We didn't need to do IVF (thank goodness) but I would have wanted to at least earn a trip to Italy for my troubles....

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options
    We knew about our problem a few years before we were married, so we weren't surprised and had time to save....our IVF will be expensive because we are working with Cornell which is pricey and DH also needs surgery...our insurance company apparently covers $15k maximum lifetime, so far they have covered the few meds we have had up to this point, but I would not be surprised if we hit an insurance road bump once we start the actual IVF process so we are not counting on the insurance. We have saved over half of what we need and plan to take a loan for the rest (I did not know there were fertility loan companies out there like someone mentioned, will have to look into that) and then pay that back as soon as DH gets his bonus which will be within a couple months of when we do the IVF.  If it doesn't work the first time, I have no idea where the $$ is coming from after that!
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"