Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

parking at state fair

We're planning to attend the state fair for the first time.  We moved here last summer & live in Denton Co. and are not too familiar with the area that the fair is held in.  Can you give me any advice/tips on the best place to park?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: parking at state fair

• no advice (we went with friends last time so i am curious to see the replies), but OMG, your siggy pic is adorable!
  • We always park on the fair grounds.  I forget the cost but worth it because the area and neighborhoods around aren't the safest.  Also, if you have to park far they will shuttle you to the gates. 

• Loading the player...
  • Park in the fair grounds.  The areas around are sketchy and cars have been towed from there before.  You can also take the dart.
  • We are going to take the DART from the AAC.
  • We always park at Gate 5 I think?  On the fair grounds though.  Its worth it to me to know that my car isn't on some random lot that might get towed and is somewhat protected.  The area is not the best. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• For sure park at the actual fair grounds parking if you park down there(The area is not very secure if you are outside of the parking areas... and Dallas PD is in the parking lots that are owned by the Fair so it is safer). It is $10 and there are a ton of gates. There is the parking map... we always park on the midway side but I have no clue what street it is because my dh takes the back ways since that was his patrol area for a while :)

https://www.bigtex.com/docs/SFT-parking-4c-3cx5-July9.pdf

• Thanks for all of your suggestions!  We went yesterday, parked in a lot on the fairgrounds and had a wonderful time.  I really appreciate your input since we're not familiar with the area at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"