Two Under 2

rp: wwyd?? nursery help!

When I have DD2, DD1 will be about 16 months old.  Right now she's in her nursery in the room right next to ours.  Here's our dilemma...

Should I move DD to a brand new room down the hall, so that DD2 won't wake her up when she cries at night for feedings, but risk having her adapt to a brand new room?  Or should I keep her in her old room and create a whole new nursery for DD#2?  DD will still be in her crib at 16 months, I'm assuming, and won't be in her toddler bed (our crib is a convertible) until around 23 months or so, right?  I'm just not sure if we should move DD or keep her in a room she's used to, especially when there's going to be quite a bit of change with a new baby around.

so... wwyd? 

tia!

Re: rp: wwyd?? nursery help!

• we moved DD 1 and put DD 2 in her old room...We moved her a good 5 months before her sister was born so that she was used to the room and most likely had forgotten that she was ever moved...
  • I'd want the new baby closer to me. So I'd move her, but I'd do it at least three months before the new baby comes.
    Baby #1 edd 4/21/07 - Matthias James born 5/2/07, 9 lbs, 22 in

Baby # 2 edd 11/26/08 - Ezra Jacob born 11/29/08, 9 lbs 6 oz., 21 3/4 in

Baby #3 edd 05/04/13 - Titus Jude born 05/01/13, 9 lb 5 oz. 21.5 in

• Loading the player...
  • We put DD into a new room and kept DS in his old room. There was no way (with his sleep issues at the time) that I would have chanced him not getting used to a new room and NOT sleeping.

GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"