Trouble TTC
Options

Luteal Phase defect help?

Aren't there ways to correct a luteal phase defect? I currently am ovulating literally days before AF starts. This month I tested o'd CD22, and I only have 26-27 day cycles. It was cd 20 last month, cd 19 the month before, so this is a discouraging trend. I am just realizing all this, on top of my other tubal issues so I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with this additional bad news.

Re: Luteal Phase defect help?

• Options

It was my understanding that they often put people on progesterone for short luteal phases.  The progesterone will allow the uterus to build sufficient lining and not start your period.

• Options
    ditto the progesterone.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

One thing to do that is completely non-invasive is to take 100mg of B6 every day.  Here is info on that.

https://fertilityfrenzy.blogspot.com/2009/08/b6-vitamin-and-your-luteal-phase.html

Next, it is important to have a progesterone draw 7 days after a positive OPK.  If the number is above 5 it shows you ovulated.  In that case, they will likely treat with progesterone supplements 3 dpo until either a bfp or bfn.  If bfp, keep taking through the first trimester.

Now, if your number is lower than 5, it shows you didn't ovulate.  In this case they will probably give you clomid, which would help you ovulate.

This is a pretty treatable problem.  I am dealing with this now.  I have been able to lengthen my LP by several days through B6 and reflexology (kind of like acupuncture).  We discovered this cycle that I was able to get a good progesterone level of 13 (above 10 is good) but it crashed on 10dpo.  So this cycle I am doing progesterone suppositories. 

I write a lot about progesterone and LPD on my blog because I am dealing with it, so check it out and let me know if you have any questions.

GL!!

• Options
    Since my m/c last year, my luteal phase has been super short (8-9 days). I have been taking B6 for quite awhile, but just started prog. suppositories which basically stops you from getting your period. Right now i'm 11dpo so it's the longest my lp has been. It gives you all sorts of crazy side effects that are the same as pregnancy so it's really frustrating, but hopefully it works.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"