LGBT Parenting

Friday Feelings - where are you ladies?

I know both boards have been slow lately but please come out of hiding soon.  We all have exciting things going on in our lives and I want to hear about them :-)

So moms and moms-to-be how are you doing this week?

Would anyone be interested in starting a weekly belly/baby pics post.  I know many of the other boards do them and I think they are fun.  And Duchess, I know you can't post pictures of the girls but maybe you could post a favorite outfit they wore or favorite toy or art project. Just a thought....I want all parents to be included.  Anyone up for it?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Friday Feelings - where are you ladies?

• Im not a mom ( yet) nor am i pregnant (yet) but I think this is a great idea!

DW and I are counting down the days until our first IUI Cycle! 

• Here.

This has been a big week in belly land, with my partner being able to feel him kick for the first time.  It was a weird 10-minute tantrum of kicks, one that I haven't felt before or since, but sweet nonetheless.  (For the record, I think he was fighting her for belly space.  She fell asleep with her arm over me and was squooshing him a little.)

This was also the first week of being obviously pregnant.  Not that I was ever trying to hide it, but the bump has become prominent enough now that strangers comment.  I like this a lot.

I think I'm also a little weird in that I don't mind people touching the belly at all.  Except for... and I'm sure there's something to this... my mom.  She just does this weird little hand-dart thing like she's afraid of bothering me, and it's the timidity that bothers me more than anything else.  One of these times, I'll just put my hand on top of hers and hold it there for a second... maybe when I know she'll feel a kick.

Other than that, we're thick in the fall soccer season, and I absolutely love it.  Watching Kiddo run (fast!) and have so much fun with her team just warms my heart.  She's a shy child, and soccer was one of the first social activities that she genuinely enjoyed.  It's her fourth season now, and she's in her element.  I love to see that.  Plus, it's great to spend time outdoors with the other soccer parents, yelling encouragements to our own (and each others') kids.  I love fall!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

• Loading the player...
  • We are trying to find our groove over here.  Ella has been a bit of a cranky pants the last few days so S and I have been taking shifts.  I am very tired.

It all seems so unreal to me.  I feel like it all could be taken away from me and I am scared something will happen to her.  I really thought this anxiety would have left after we got home from the nicu but it is still all here and now I am in charge.  I am working through some feelings of jealousness and grief about other peoples healthy pregnancies and births and then feel guilty about feeling that way.  I am also feeling angry about how some people in my life just did not step up when all this happened. I also miss the NICU.  I know it sounds strange but I really liked the people there and spent 2 months with them.  They got me through some really tough times and now that we are home I feel so cut off from them. 

But at the same time I am so happy and glad to be home with our daughter.  I guess I am a whole lot of things right now and not sure what I am going to be tomorrow.  That is very stressful.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"