Pennsylvania Babies

Anyone familiar with the MOMS Club?

I was looking at the MOMS Club of Harrisburg, West Shore. Does anyone know anything about it? I remember one friend from this board saying she had joined a mother's club and was asked to leave because she didn't take it seriously or something, but I didn't know what that was. Here's a link:

https://www.momsclubofwestshore.com/Activities.html

Re: Anyone familiar with the MOMS Club?

• I know nothing of this club, but I have heard other similiar stories of moms clubs, and am afraid.  I have to laugh at taking such a thing "seriously."
  • I know! I am just looking for more occasional play outings and maybe a little more adult conversation some days! I don't want to have to attend a training session or produce flow charts or anything.

On another note, did you get my PM? I sent your diapers on Wednesday so you should get them soon. I also sent you washing instructions if your research didn't tell you anything about that.

• Loading the player...
  • imagerlthomas7:

I know! I am just looking for more occasional play outings and maybe a little more adult conversation some days! I don't want to have to attend a training session or produce flow charts or anything.

I don't know anything about the MOMS Club, but have you tried using meetup.com to find a group.  I found a great group out here in AZ through that website.  All of the moms in our group are 1st time moms of babies born last fall (July - November).  It is great because all the kids are basically the same age.

You could also start your own group on there using any criteria you want.  I'm guessing that a few of the ladies from this board might join and you could pick up some others through the site. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in one and love it. It's a smaller group, though, and SUPER relaxed. I know some of the bigger groups are a bit more hard-core;) The organization as a whole has a lot of "rules" that have to be followed, etc. so I think it depends entirely on the specific group how strictly they adhere to certain things.
  • Uh oh now I'm scared!  I just signed up to go to an open house for a MOMS club, although now I think I signed up for the wrong one-- I only found an "East Shore Hbg" group and didn't know that the West Shore group existed! The site says to go to a meeting or two and see if you like it, so I guess it couldn't hurt to go?  Usually you can tell what the vibe is pretty quickly!
  • Not familiar with it, but I'll be interested to see what you think if you join.  I was part of a West Shore meetup group for a while after Eloise was first born, but didn't care for it much.  It was pretty cliquey, and they actually booted me because I wasn't able to make it to many meetups after they switched the days on which they met.  Didn't get a refund or anything either...
  • Ha! Jill, you were the one I was thinking of when I said that "I had heard..." I remember you got booted and didn't like it, but I wasn't sure which group it was. And I didn't want to mention your name in case the people were on here. Tee Hee! Maybe I'll check it out and report back. Super Spy Rachel, on the case.

• LOL, Super Spy Rachel!  And who knows, the meetup group was a couple of years ago now, so it could be totally different.  I'd love to hear what you think of the MOMs group if you decide to check it out though....

• Are these groups just for the Moms or do the babies/kids go also?
  • They seem to have lots of play activities for moms and kids, as well as moms only nights out. I asked for more information so I could check it out, I'll post on here what I learn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"