Boston Babies
Options

D & E Anyone have one?

Has anyone had a D & E? I am having one and am a bit nervous....Not sure what the difference is betw D & E and D & C?

Also , for ladies who have had one, was wondering when you were able to try and get pregnant again? 

Thanks for your help

Re: D & E Anyone have one?

• Options

I have a D&C scheduled for Monday.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Not exactly sure what the difference is between a D&C and a D&E, but I think D&C is for first Tri and D&E is second Tri.  Would that make sense in your situation?

Sorry for your loss and GL.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am so sorry you are going through this.  I had a D&C a year ago Oct 1st.  It was a very sad day but the experience was not bad.  I had very little bleeding afterwards and about a week later I was fine physically.  My doctor had me wait 2 cycles before we TTC again.  I found out we lost the baby at 13 weeks and our little angel had developed to 9w4d.  We waited the two cycles and then it took us until our 4th cycle to get pg again so a total of 6 cycles after my D&C.  I got AF 34 days after my D&C which was just a little longer than normal since I usually have a 29-31 day cycle.  Best of luck to you and your husband and if you have any further questions you can always PM me or page me.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi.  I actually had a D&E (although I posted above that I had a D&C).  The difference is that in a D&E they dialate the cervix and then use suction to remove the products of conception, whereas with a D&C they dialate the cervix and then use a tool to manually scrape out the products of conception.  I'm pretty sure that they usually do a D&E unless they need a more agressive approach for some reason.  I had the procedure done at 8w due to a blighted ovum, and AF arrived 5 weeks after the procedure, which was pretty much painless physically although very sad.  We conceived the very next cycle and I'm now 24 weeks along.  I wish you all the best, and I am very sorry for your loss!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMommy to two angel babies, 6w4d on 10/21/08 and 8w2d on 2/22/09. I still think of you and miss you every day!
  • Options

imageDanielleee:
    Hi.  I actually had a D&E (although I posted above that I had a D&C).  The difference is that in a D&E they dialate the cervix and then use suction to remove the products of conception, whereas with a D&C they dialate the cervix and then use a tool to manually scrape out the products of conception.  I'm pretty sure that they usually do a D&E unless they need a more agressive approach for some reason.  I had the procedure done at 8w due to a blighted ovum, and AF arrived 5 weeks after the procedure, which was pretty much painless physically although very sad.  We conceived the very next cycle and I'm now 24 weeks along.  I wish you all the best, and I am very sorry for your loss!

Ditto Danielleee about the difference.  I waited 2 cycles to try, then was pregnant a few cycles after that, and now I have a wonderful baby boy (I hope this gives you hope!).  The D&E itself wasn't bad physically, just emotionally. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"