Detroit Babies

Anyone delivered/delivering at U of M??

I just had to switch OBs and now I'm delivering at U of M. I don't know anyone who's delivered there, so I'd love any insight!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone delivered/delivering at U of M??

• I delivered at U of M.  I had a good experience.  They followed my birth plan and did everything I wanted.  The lactation consultants are very helpful and so are the nurses.  I'd deliver there again.
  • Great to hear! Thank you for responding!
  • Loading the player...
  • Please share with after you have your DS.  I refuse to go back to the hospital I delivered DS at, and will need figure everything out what it is time for #2.

I also love the name for your DS.  It is the same as my DH's.

• imageElizC:

Please share with after you have your DS.  I refuse to go back to the hospital I delivered DS at, and will need figure everything out what it is time for #2.

Where did you deliver your DS?

• imagegoldenleaves:
    imageElizC:

Please share with after you have your DS.  I refuse to go back to the hospital I delivered DS at, and will need figure everything out what it is time for #2.

Where did you deliver your DS?

Royal Oak Beaumont, I still cry thinking about his birth.  UofM is the next closest hospital with higher level NICU.  DS only needed to go to the NICU for a very short period time, but it was nice to know he was in the same hospital as me. 

• I have heard nothing but good things about U-M. In case you get a backup, Tracy Anderson (Nurse Midwife) is amazing (assuming she's still there).
  • My sister delivered her daughter at U of M this past March, although as both a mom already and her big sister...I was not fond of the fact that they kept her in bed and on petocine (spelling?) for almost 3 days straight! She ended up needing an emergency c-section due to an infection introduced by nurses checking her constantly! I am planning on delivering there with my daughter, due 12-29-09..but I am skeptical as to the experience...I am much more educated now after her birth experience...I wish you luck and hope we both come out with healthy babies and decent birth experiences!
  • Hi there!

I delivered my son there 2 years ago, and I plan to have this one there as well.  I ended up having an emergency c-section, and will have another one with this baby.  Overall I had a good experience there~~ really listened to what we wanted to do rather than just tell us what we needed to do. What I liked most about it was that it was state of the art, and had all the best resources.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"