Health & Exercise

Rice cereal

My baby is almost 3 1/2 months old and he eats about 5 ounces every 3 hours.  I know that at 4 months he can be introduced to rice cereal, but I was wondering if I can go ahead and introduce him to the cereal?  If so, how often do you feed them the cereal, how much at a time, and do you feed them formula right afterward?

Re: Rice cereal

• I would check with your pedi first but usually it is okay and my pedi told me how much to give DD
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • call your doctor before introducing him to rice cereal. some pedi's even  recommend waiting until 6 months for any solids! a little extreme if you ask me, but if your little one is ready to try it, you'll see signs. he will have lost the tongue thrust reflex went you put a spoon to his mouth. he may show interest in your food when you're eating as well, doing things like opening his mouth or vocalizing. if it's any help at all, we started cereal @ 4 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • Check with your pedi first.  Mine said 4 but then lo didn't like it. Tried again at 5, 6, and 8 months... turns out lo was allergic.

Directions are on the box.

• I wonder if my lo is allergic.  I'm not feeding him anymore of it.  He's had diarreha and some mild vomiting.  I don't know if it's from the cereal or if it's because I believe he's teething.  He's been chewing on his blanket, his fingers, and anything he can hold.  He's not had a fever, but he gets really fussy sometimes for no reason.  So, I'm confused about the cereal, but just to be safe, I'm not giving him anymore.
  • could be anything from overeating to a cold, an allergy, teething, hard to say. call your pedi, they can make an informed recommendation.
  • He's definitely teething!  And I can't wait until it's over!  LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"