Babies: 0 - 3 Months

can you add mylicon to a 4 oz. bottle?

or do you have to give the drops seperately to your LO?  does mylicon seem to help your LO?  i can't decide if it actually does anything?

Re: can you add mylicon to a 4 oz. bottle?

• Of course you can add it to the bottle.  It really helped my DD when we were having issues with constipation. 
  • I either give it to LOs solo or with their LAST 1 oz of formula ....

seems to help them 

• Loading the player...
  • We just started adding it to DD's 4 oz bottle.  It seems to have already made her less gassy...
  • IMO you are giving such a small dose that adding it to the bottle may not mean that LO is really ingesting it - between spit up and the tiny drops left in it - the small amount of the mylicon might not really get in his tummy. 

I always give DS a bit when I change his diaper (it is easier when they are on their backs, and squirt it into the cheek so it is less likely to be spit out).

I do believe it works well - DS is a very gassy baby - he still toots but he isn't in pain because of it.  

• This is what we've started doing.  The drops take away all the bubbles from mixing the formula which also makes a big difference.  DS loves the way it tastes so if we wanted or needed to give it to him on it's own that wouldn't be a problem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"