Florida Babies
Options

Sorry, another OB/GYN rec?

I went through a few of the posts, but it was kind of overwhelming trying to keep it all straight.

I am new to the area. We are in Brandon. 

I need a GYN now, but hope to TTC soon. My old dr. was a female with her own practice. It was small, the waiting times were less than 5 mins. It seems like I'm only seeing large multi-dr practices here. I am a bit worried about seeing a different doctor at each appointment. 

Also, which hospitals are the best for women's care and birth and delivery?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Re: Sorry, another OB/GYN rec?

• Options
    I live near downtown/South Tampa, but I'm familiar with Brandon.  It's a bit out of your way, but if you can get into either Partners in Women's Health (AKA Tampa Bay Women's Care) (near the football stadium off Dale Mabry) -- https://www.womenscarefl.com/  or USF Health, both have excellent OB/GYNs.  They are both large multi-doctor practices.  I went to USF Health in South Tampa (on Davis Islands, just south of downtown) for my regular annuals before I got pregnant, and I could always get in to the same doctor with not too long of a wait.  They deliver at Tampa General.  I'm going there now for my OB appointments (1st one is today!), although I have heard great things about Women's Care, and they deliver out of St. Joe's.  I would have preferred to go to Women's Care, just because everyone I know raves about their doctors, and deliver at St. Joe's, but they don't take my insurance for new patients.  There's also a practice near Women's Care, called something similar, but I would not recommend that particular office.  They misdiagnosed a friend of mine as having miscarried, gave her a bunch of Valium, and scheduled a D&C, but when she went back, they realized the baby was alive and healthy.   Sorry for the long reply.  Hope this helps!
  • Options
    I lived in Brandon for 2 years but I used a DR near TGH while I lived there.  I live in Bradenton now (just moved 2 weeks ago).  We just started trying and I need to find a DR here too.  My friend has a great dr and has had 2 babies.  I'll e-mail her to ask what her dr's name is and get back to you.
    image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers TTC 09/09 BFP 12/03/09 1st m/c 1/8/10 @ 9w5d, baby measured 6w1d Clomid 50mg Nov 11=BFN (not monitored) Clomid 50mg Dec 11=BFN (not monitored) Clomid 50mg Jan 11=? (day 12 sono)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Brandon is close to downtown and TGH.  TGH has a new women's center - between TGH and St. Joes, they do most of the deliveries in Tampa.  St. Joes is probably another 15 minutes drive from TGH (in the opposite direction), so that might be a bit of a hike, depending on where in Brandon you live.  The USF Ob/Gyn group is very good and very accessible (the deliver at TGH.)  I go to a smaller group (6 docs), Carrollwood Ob/Gyn, but they only deliver at St. Joes.  I really like my current Gyn and her partners.  I know some of the USF Ob group personally, so that was a little too weird to see them as a patient, and I wanted to be in a smaller practice.

*NBT born 11/6/09 * SAB 2/19/12 (due 9/27/12)* Baby #2 (a girl!)due 12/7/2012*
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for the info. I've been avoiding making this appointment. My hormones are all wacked out So much so that I think we are going to have to wait until next year to TTC. That really makes me sad. I know it's only a year, but I've got baby fever BAD!
  • Options
    I go to Womens' Care in Tampa. I was cautious about seeing the different drs. but seems to be working out so far. I have worked at both TGH and St. Joe's. I will be giving birth at St. Joe's and like it alot more. I live in St. Pete and drive over. It takes a little time but is so worth it. When you need them, they get right back to you. I was recommended to them and would recommend them also. 
  • Options
    I use Abdel-Aziz right near brandon regional. He delivered both of my children and I won't change doctors. He's in his own practice and I see only him and with the circumstances surrounding my last delivery and how he handled everything I couldn't be anymore happier with him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"