Parenting
Options

Am I wrong???

I babysat my brothers 15m old twins on saturday from 7:30am until about 4pm.  This is what bothered me.  They still drink 4-6oz bottles of milk per day and they have to be warmed up.  They still eat a majority of baby food, (I asked my brother if they could have eggs, so I made them eggs for breakfast)  I no longer have sippy cups in my house, they didn't even have cups to drink from.  Just bottles.  (I tried a regular cup, they aren't even close to that)   Shouldn't they be off the bottle?  I'm not going to stay anything to them, I am just curious.

Re: Am I wrong???

• Options

i saw a child (at least 4) drinking from a bottle at church yesterday.  i thought it was a bit strange....

i would think by 15 months, they would be drinking from a sippy cup and eating big people food? 

• Options
    I should add, that my DC did have a bottle at this point, but just one before bed.  Not 4 per day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, you are wrong.  Why does it matter?  What's the difference between a bottle and a sippy cup anyway?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My son wasn't off the bottle until 2. He wasn't eating baby food anymore though.
  • Options
    I hardly think 15 months old is anywhere near too old for a bottle. Maybe the warming the milk up thing is a little odd to still be doing but no big deal really.
  • Options
    My twins were off the bottle by 13.5 mo.  They didn't eat regular food until then either, but not for my lack of trying.  I agree that it's not the norm.  Do they go to daycare?
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Options

I wouldn't say you are wrong, but i wouldn't say you are right either... You said they are twins..were they born early where they might have soem issues?? or are they completely developmentally on track?? I know a 2 yr old that still get's a bottle, it's not warmed though, and they are working on trying to get it away, but it's like her "lovey" .  As far as the baby food, yeah that's a little odd, but what stage is it?? Because in my opinion i think stage 3 baby food could pass as table food with the chunks in it. 

• Options
    I agree I don't think it is that huge of a deal. My only concern would be with the food, the older kids get they can develop an adversion to certian textures and that could be an issue, but other than that let it be.
  • Options

My DD was just barely off the bottle by 15 months (and still breastfed as well) and she had HUGE food issues so she ate some amounts of baby food until almost 18 months.

I think you should cut them a little slack.

My friends who have a 3.5 year old still drinking from a bottle and eating baby food?  Yes, I judge.

imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • Options
    I don't think it's necessarily bad for them to be drinking from bottles a couple times a day, but they should definitely be weaning to sippy cups by now.  And at 15 months, they could stand to be off the baby food, too.  I wouldn't say anything about it, but maybe get them a gift of brand-new sippies or something.  I'm guessing their parents are just kind of stuck in the day-in, day-out rut and haven't really thought about it.  Are the twins their first kids?
  • Options
    imagePMQ:

imageZenya:
    Yes, you are wrong.  Why does it matter?  What's the difference between a bottle and a sippy cup anyway?

This. Were these twins born prematurely? If so, what are their corrected ages?

Bottom line: Not your place to judge how they are raising their kids, drinking from bottles and eating baby foods at 15 months is not even close to being abnormal.

This.

Also my 2yr old is the size of a 4yr old and I get dirty looks all the time. I don't care. It is her comfort and she still "needs it".

• Options
    They were not premature and they are developmentally on track.  I just thought it was "different" to warm bottles up and 4x per day. 
  • Options
    Maybe they don't like cold milk.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"