Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Silly Q: Gerber Baby Food: Glass Jars vs. Plastic Packs.

Yes, yes, I know, silly question. But, is one type of container more convenient than the other for you?  Why?

Re: Silly Q: Gerber Baby Food: Glass Jars vs. Plastic Packs.

• i buy the plastic containers b/c it cheaper.  You can get two platsic containers for $.90 right now at Target.  I
  • I like the plastic packs becasue they are easier to stack in my pantry.  I know, strange reason.  Plus, if I drop them they don't smash on my floor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • i personally like the plastic packs because i do not fear them breaking when in the diaper bag.

I make all of DS's food though and very rarely use commercially made baby food.

• When we use jar, glass. I now the lid will stay on.

ETA: the glass is actually stronger than you think. I dropped it from about 2.5-3 feet and it didnt break. We were in the kitchen so it was laminate flooring. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Duh, obviously I have all glass. I have NO plastic in my house Stick out tongue
  • We use both. Some foods I can not find in the plastic so I buy it in the jar. For some reason I can never find Oatmeal, Mixed cereal in the plastic. To me both are easy to use. I do like how the plastic containers are easier to store.

It also seems that the food in the jar is always thicker for some reason, no idea who. It might just be the food I have in the jar. ?

Photobucket
  • We use either... just get the kind of food that we want and don't worry much about the packaging.  I prefer to take the plastic packages with us in the diaper bag when we'll be feeding her out in public.  Otherwise, it doesn't matter to me. 

I re-use the packaging so each kind is pretty handy in various situations.

1/8/12 Confection Shrug Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagebstngrl578:
    Duh, obviously I have all glass. I have NO plastic in my house Stick out tongue

LOL!!! What's up lady???

I generally use the plastic, but if we are out somewhere I will bring a glass jar that is a combo like sweet potatos and turkey or chicken dinner. This way i'm only brining 1 jar and not wasting half a container of veggies.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • i only use the glass. the plastic ends up being a few cents cheaper, but it's a type of plastic that isn't recyclable. may seem silly, but that's important to me. i'd rather use the glass so i can recycle the container.
  • imagelzbflogrl:
    i buy the plastic containers b/c it cheaper.  You can get two platsic containers for $.90 right now at Target.  I

Hey, I am a bargain shopper too.  PS -- The 4 oz glass jars are 46 cents  -- so 8 oz is 92 cents.  The plastic twin packs are 90 cents for 7 ounces.  LOL -- so with glass you get more ounces for less!

• Typically whatever is on sale. However, DD loves the plastic lids to chew on and play with.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • So far we've only used glass/jar.
  • imagejerzeygirl4ever:

imagebstngrl578:
    Duh, obviously I have all glass. I have NO plastic in my house Stick out tongue

LOL!!! What's up lady???

I generally use the plastic, but if we are out somewhere I will bring a glass jar that is a combo like sweet potatos and turkey or chicken dinner. This way i'm only brining 1 jar and not wasting half a container of veggies.

How are you?!?! I haven't seen you around in a while!!! P is adorable! 

• I like the jars better. There is just something oogey about the plastic to me for some reason.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • We use both and I can't say I have a particular preference.  I do find that the plastic lids do not stay on as well if you store them in the fridge to use again.
  • We use the plastic because daycare says no glass. At home I was them out and use them to package dry cereal for her.

• We use both.  I have no preference.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"