2nd Trimester

If you have a Britax for DC...

Which one do you have and why did you choose that one?

Re: If you have a Britax for DC...

• Roundabout...we travel alot, so its compact size seemed ideal.  It fits easily in my Accord and DS seems very comfy in it.
    Moved to Maple Valley, Washington January 2012
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Marathon. I liked the print and it is a little bigger than the Roundabout.. and I had plenty of room in my car. ?Definitely would've went with the roundabout if we didn't have enough space :)?

I think you can compare all the features side by side on the britax website :) ?

• Loading the player...
  • Roundabout.  It fits well in my car (Saturn Vue), which was important, because we want to keep DD rear facing as long as possible.  I didn't buy it until DD was almost a year, so we knew that she was about average height and under average weight, so I'm not too worried about her outgrowing it.  Less importantly (but definitely something I considered, shhhhh) - I liked the pattern a lot (Jessica).
  • The Boulevard.  At the time we bought it it was the biggest model they had, which was a slight turnoff to me, because we do travel, but it's travelled fine so far.  They just came out with a new model that is larger.

The Boulevard has all the safety features of the Marathon, but also has side impact protection.  That was what sold me.

We'll get a second Boulevard for this baby when the time comes.

My mom has a Roundabout in her car for my DD.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the heads up about the comparisons on the website.

DH has two good buddies at work that have now convinced him there is no other CC than a Britax so he's determined that we need one now, LOL. So I'm trying to research them!

• We have marathons for Jack, but are buying roundabouts for the new baby.

The marathons fit in our sedan and wagon forward facing, but I think rear facing would be a problem. So we are going with the smaller roundabout for the rear facing new baby.

So Baby will go from snugride to roundabout and when J outgrows the marathon or baby outgrows the roundabout, J will go into either a high weight harness like the britax frontier and baby will go into the marathon.

And just an FYI, the Roundabout 50 has the same shell height as a Marathon so if you are concerned about rear facing height the RA50 won't help!

• Decathalon because it was only $5 cheaper than the next lowest model.  We wanted one of the models that holds DS up to 65 lbs, and since there was such a small price diff between the two we upgraded again.

Also, I found that Buy Buy Baby had the BEST prices on them (even online) and, at least at the time, they 100% let us use a 20% off 1 item coupon that we got in the mail.  (And, I heard they take the Bed Bath & Beyond coupons since they're the same company)

• Just a note--the Marathon does have Side Impact Protection.  The difference between the Marathon and the Boulevard is the side impact wings.  Some babies don't like the wings because they obstruct their view.  It's up to you whether you think the wings are worth it, I personally didn't since the Marathon has SIP already.

I called Britax and asked them this question because Baby Bargains says that the Marathon doesn't have Side Impact Protection, but the one I want has a patch that says SIP on it.  She said that BB is wrong, and that they are starting to put the patches on the Marathon because of the confusion.

• Marathon.  We got it when DD outgrew the Graco Comfortsport before her 2 yr birthday and before she was anywhere near 40 lbs!  I wanted something that would last.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSeaStar430:

Just a note--the Marathon does have Side Impact Protection.  The difference between the Marathon and the Boulevard is the side impact wings.  Some babies don't like the wings because they obstruct their view.  It's up to you whether you think the wings are worth it, I personally didn't since the Marathon has SIP already.

I called Britax and asked them this question because Baby Bargains says that the Marathon doesn't have Side Impact Protection, but the one I want has a patch that says SIP on it.  She said that BB is wrong, and that they are starting to put the patches on the Marathon because of the confusion.

That's good to know, but I wonder if that's new, because I had compared all the models on Britax's website and I don't remember any other model but the Boulevard having the side impact protection.  This was of course almost 18 months ago.

• We have the boulevard and I bought it for the side impact protection but picked it above the rest because of the head protection. I will be buying another one for the next one too.
  • I got the Companion because it was a kick butt price and cost less than any run of the mill infant seat that I'd seen thus far.  You'd probably slap me when if I told you how much I got it for. 
  • Boulevard. I like the side impact and head protection. It is the only car seat I have used while nannying so just comfortable with it so we bought the CC in it. I will say this its heavy and big really big I have a mid size SUV and it is big in my car. I love it though and so do the kids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"