3rd Trimester
Options

Do you ever worry about going into labor with a messy house?

I just did about an hour of cleaning, because I'm just worried to death that I'm going to go into labor one night and my house will be a mess. I don't want to come home to a messy house.

I'm so neurotic.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you ever worry about going into labor with a messy house?

• Options
    YES. This is my biggest fear right now, that my house will be a pigsty and people will see it.
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Options
    Im the same way!!! I'm feeling especially nervous about it since I was just admitted to the hospital :S Not for delivery, just monitoring. But still...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I worry about this all the time.

My biggest fear isn't coming home to a messy house, but having people come over to a messy house.  

• Options

I HAD TO LAUGH!

Because I made DH do the dishes while I was in labor with our firstborn before we left. I was in near hysterics, screaming, "I can't bring my baby home to a messy kitchen!" The poor guy just did the dishes mutely, looking at me in wide-eyed terror!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was just thinking this. I have 2.5 days left of work, and #1 priority after work is to vacuum, dust, etc. Its not messy right now, I just feel like it needs a deeper clean...
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagenjeosys:

I HAD TO LAUGH!

Because I made DH do the dishes while I was in labor with our firstborn before we left. I was in near hysterics, screaming, "I can't bring my baby home to a messy kitchen!" The poor guy just did the dishes mutely, looking at me in wide-eyed terror!

LOL. This is so true. I can promise you part of my laboring at home (if it works out that way) will be making sure the house is in order. I clean before vacations too because I can't stand coming home to a mess. Dear Lord what am I going to do with a baby? I'm going to have to learn to let some things go!

• Options
    yes!! that is totally me. i clean the house every morning...even though i still have a few weeks to go you never know and the last thing i want to do is come home to a dirty house....so with that being said i am doing laundry and cleaning daily! call me crazy!
  • Options
    I've started making sure the counters and dishes are all clean before going to bed,etc.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes!! Probably more so once I hit 37 weeks though. I try to keep the sink empty of dishes and the bed made..haha. I also only have about 4 pair of lounging pants and I am terrified they will all be dirty when we are ready to head to the hospital and I will have no clean comfy clothes to come home to, so I make it a point to wash them like every night now!!
  • Options
    Yes, but mostly because my dad and step-mom will be coming to stay with the dogs and their house is always spotless.
  • Options
    I wasn't until now! LOL DH and I spent a few hours cleaning our bedroom to make space to LO today and need to do more this weekend. Now you have me thinking about the rest of the house. I have lots of work to do now. 
  • Options
    imagePennylane824:
    imagenjeosys:

I HAD TO LAUGH!

LOL. This is so true. I can promise you part of my laboring at home (if it works out that way) will be making sure the house is in order. I clean before vacations too because I can't stand coming home to a mess. Dear Lord what am I going to do with a baby? I'm going to have to learn to let some things go!

Exactly! I plan to labor at home longer so part of that will definitely be straightening up. And I will drill it into my hubby's head to PICK UP after himself and our daughters before I come home (as they'll all be sleeping soundly at home while I'm at the hospital after baby is born).

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagelolo317:
    I wasn't until now! LOL DH and I spent a few hours cleaning our bedroom to make space to LO today and need to do more this weekend. Now you have me thinking about the rest of the house. I have lots of work to do now. 

You have time. I would not stress about this right now! Enjoy the next few weeks!

• Options
    OP- btw, if you keep a tidy house anyway, then it shouldn't be very difficult to straighten up before you head out the door to L&D. I've been using the website flylady.net to help me get rid of "hot spots" (where clutter likes to accumulate) and to do some deep cleaning. That way, I don't really have anything to do, cleaning-wise!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm still early but yes! My husband is leaving on a military mission next week and won't be back until January. My fear is a friend coming in to take me or take care of my dog and it's a mess!!
  • Options
    As a gift, my Sis is having someone come do a serious deep clean while we're at the hospital.   So excited for that.
  • Options
    You just gave me one more thing to worry about!  I will be cleaning the house tomorrow morning and keeping it clean from here on out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Easily one of my biggest fears, people can't see my messy fridge, dirty dishes, laundry or pet hair on the floor! I swear I am more afraid of a messy house than labor!
  • Options
    I worry about it everyday! I just going around cleaning all day, because I could go into laor any day now. What a life!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah but see my post about making yourself sick... seriously, a messy house is nothing if you push yourself too hard.  I used to feel like that but learned a hard lesson about not being too neurotic about it.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That never occured to me until now!! Thanks alot!! *runs off to clean*
    imageLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Blog:image
  • Options
    Yes! Everyday I clean because I'm so scared I'll go into labor and it will be left as it is for days. I vaccumed 3 days ago and am paranoid I need to again now. I think my biggest fear about it all though.....going into labor and not having the bed made. That's the one thing I never do in the morning! So weird....
  • Options

imagenjeosys:
    OP- btw, if you keep a tidy house anyway, then it shouldn't be very difficult to straighten up before you head out the door to L&D. I've been using the website flylady.net to help me get rid of "hot spots" (where clutter likes to accumulate) and to do some deep cleaning. That way, I don't really have anything to do, cleaning-wise!

I do keep a really tidy house, not much clutter at all. The problem is two dogs that SHED EVERYWHERE. One is black and one is white and the hair is out of control. So, mostly what I freak out about is how fast dog hair accumulates which in turn has me vaccuuming and dusting all of the time. If it weren't for those damn dogs that I love so much, I would definitely not feel so bad about it.

• Options

imagenjeosys:

I do keep a really tidy house, not much clutter at all. The problem is two dogs that SHED EVERYWHERE. One is black and one is white and the hair is out of control. So, mostly what I freak out about is how fast dog hair accumulates which in turn has me vaccuuming and dusting all of the time. If it weren't for those damn dogs that I love so much, I would definitely not feel so bad about it.

• Options

Yes! One of my biggest concerns right now.  Most of the "get ready for baby things" are finally done and all that is really left is deep cleaning and decluttering. I just told DH earlier tonight I feel torn b/c I can't wait to go into labor but I am freaked out cause the house isn't clean yet. I hate coming home to a messy house.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nope, but my house is perpetually a mess anyways.
  • Options
    umm yes! i can just see my mother coming to my house to get my dog and then complaining about dirty dishes she needed to do while i'm in labor.
  • Options
    Yes. When I was in early labor with my son, I started doing the dishes. Part of me is worried about people seeing it, though I know they would understand. Another part is coming home and thinking about all the cleaning I need to do and having a baby attached to me.
  • Options

imageShananah:
    As a gift, my Sis is having someone come do a serious deep clean while we're at the hospital.   So excited for that.

that is a f*cking brilliant idea! hmm, how can i implant that idea into my family's brain....

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes!  That's the only good thing about DH being out of town this late in the pregnancy....it's easier to just clean up after myself! (Although I did call last week and schedule a cleaning service to come do an estimate!)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes I try to clean up throughout the day and keep up with things.  DH and I have been doing major cleaning stuff regularly also. 
  • Options

Yup. I am enjoying the mess for now.

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagenmc29:

My biggest fear isn't coming home to a messy house, but having people come over to a messy house.  

Yep, this!  And I am so very uncomfortable with my sciatic nerve and BH that I just don't have the energy...but I'm going crazy with frustration because there is so much I want to do!

• Options
    imagenmc29:

Yep, this!  And I am so very uncomfortable with my sciatic nerve and BH that I just don't have the energy...but I'm going crazy with frustration because there is so much I want to do!

• Options

WE are not very good housekeepers in general.  Never have been.  But 1 week before I entered bedrest land- we went out of town for 2 days, and BIL stayed at our place to watch the dogs.  Since all was planned on short notice- we had to clean our bedroom most.  It looked like one of those on that show, "Clean House"- with clothes all over the place, etc.  My carpet- I hadn't seen it in ages.  We are bad.  DH tries to keep up the ltichen, and I will do the bathroom- but hadn't scrubbed the tub in, oh, well, let's not even go there.

So- back to bedrest.  DH is working fulltime plus another job, and is also in school full time.  My inlaws have been coming over to help with things, and my MIL always does at least 1-3 loads of laundry- and folds it even!!  And FIL has been working on our basement (we need to get it finished because DDs room will be down there- and LO will go in her old room)- and he will do laundry or dishes everytime.  One day- he came over and scrubbed my bathroom- including the shower.  I should have got him a tetanus shot first...

DH and I think this is very nice and we are very appreciative.  BUT- we are wondering how to score on this other people doing our housework thing after baby comes.  It is nice!  LOL!!  

I have been in a cleaning mood even- and when I get like that lots gets done- but I cannot do it right now.  Stupid BR!!!

Not worried about what people think- most of our mess is clutter, nothing nasty, so- oh well.  We have no storage in this house anyway. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"