Detroit Babies

ABC at Providence in Southfield

Has anyone given birth at the Alternative Birth Care unit at Providence Hospital in Southfield?  If so, how was your experience?

I want to have a natural childbirth and this place sounds like what we are looking for, from looking at their website.

Providence Park in Novi is closer to me, and we did a tour already.  The hospital is really nice because it's brand new and I like the way they encourage the baby to stay in the room with you the entire time, have lactation consultants, etc. 

The Southfield ABC unit has jacuzzi tubs to labor in, queen size beds, and they are all about "natural" childbirth.  I really like the thought of being able to relax in the jacuzzi tub and have a midwife deliver my baby.  I do know that they don't do water births, but just being able to labor in the tubs sounds nice.

I am going on a tour/orientation next week at the Southfield ABC unit. 

I've been seeing an ob/gyn at Metro Partners in Women's Health in Novi.

I appreciate any advice! 

Re: ABC at Providence in Southfield

• I didn't deliver at the ABC but took the tour and intended to do so until my BP got too high.

I had two babies at the regular L & D at Providence with a midwife and OB from Metro Partners and had a great experience both times.( the new hospital wasn't open when I delivered)

I did get to experience labor in a jacuzzi tub with my first and it is awesome and really does help.

Good luck on the tour and let us know what you think.

• I did and loved every minute of it!!  I would go back for a third try if we planned on having another as it was an awesome experience!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've heard good things. The only issue I had with it was how small it is, as far as not having very many rooms, so if you go into labor on a busy night you might have to go to the regular L&D till a room opens up.

You should also look into Henry Ford West Bloomfield if it's close enough. They don't have queen beds, but other then that they have very similar policy and Henry Ford has Cert. Nurse Midwives that are amazing, and starting in Nov. one will be AT the hospital at all times. If you can, I would take their tour. It will blow your mind! It sure did mine, and I'm really looking forward to giving birth there, (I'm a Bradley Student so 100% natural is important to me also). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"