Maryland Babies
Options

Midwife or OB - Baltimore area

Hi ladies.

I am pregnant with my first and am looking for an OB/midwife in the Baltimore city or Towson area.  Any recommendations?

Also, since I am so new to this, if you have insights as to which hospitals are best, I'd appreciate that, too.

Thanks so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Midwife or OB - Baltimore area

• Options
    In order to best give you recommendations I have a question for you first...what kind of birth are you envisioning?  For example, a water birth, freedom of movement during pushing, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for asking and replying.  I definitely want to deliver in a hospital and at least want the option for an epidural.  Other than that, I don't really know.  I definitely appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks again!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Np and you are more than welcome.  I would suggest then that you look into Kathleen Sloan's group.  She is a midwife associated with Mercy Hospital.  My friend recently delivered with her and had a fabulous experience.  (I had also heard great things about her prior to this as well).

https://www.mdmercy.com/womens/obGyn/aboutPhysicians.html#slone

GL!

• Options

I am scheduled to see Kathleen Sloan on Wed. This is a midwifery practice within Mercy Hospital so you have access to the MWs and MDs as needed/wanted.

Congrats and good luck.

• Options

I'm 4.5 months along and have had a great experience with Captial Women's Care at St. Joe's in Towson, so far. I chose them in part because of all the good things/ recs I had heard previously.

Also, we visited friends who had just had a baby in St. Joe's and the room was really really nice. I want somewhere I'll be comfortable in afterwards. i feel like most hospital rooms are cheaply decorated like a motel room, not at all the home feeling I'm going for!

• Options

I go to Charles St. Obgyn in Towson at GBMC's campus.  I went to them before I got pregnant and they have been nothing short of wonderful thus far.  I feel very well taken care of.  Several of my friends have delivered with them as well.

https://www.csobgyn.com/

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options

Hilles Whedbee.  Her office is at Mays Chapel in Lutherville.  She is part of Sinai Hospital OB/GYN Associates.  I have been going to her for my annual checkups for years and she has been great through the first 5 months of my pregnancy.  I highly recommend making an appt to talk with her.  Her office has one other midwife and numerous doctors.

• Options
    I use a variety of OBs based out of Sinai Hospital (that is where i am delivering).  I highly reccommend Dr. Pearlman from the McDonogh Crossroads in Owings Mills.  I see Dr. Sonia Zaft for now and she is a very nice OB to deal with as well.
  • Options
    You can also look at Women's Health Associates at St. Joseph's Hospital.  It is the best of both worlds, there are OB's and Midwives in the same practice.  You can use one or the other, or both!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"