LGBT Parenting

need to stock up on diapers?

I found this and thought it was a good deal (especially if you were interested in trying G diapers.) 30% off plus free shipping is pretty darn good!

Target has 20% off diapers, wipes, and other baby care products when you purchase 3 or more cases marked by "Buy More, Save More" icon with an additional 10% off coupon S6BP388J available and free shipping on $50+ orders (before any discounts are applied). Thanks Chandi

Note, diaper quantity varies by type of package and size. Lower "from" price does not indicate better price per unit. Make sure you check sizing and quantity information for each item, as economy pack provide the best per-unit price

1. Choose the diapers you need, and add 3 cases to cart (prices for 3 cases after all discounts are applied)
    1. Huggies
      1. Diapers from $19
      2. Wipes $19
    2. Pampers
      1. Diapers from $23
      2. Wipes from $27
    3. Luvs
      1. Diapers from $38
      2. Wipes from $23
    4. Seventh Generation
      1. Diapers from $25
      2. Wipes $9
    5. Nature Baby Care
      1. Diapers from $84
      2. Wipes $50
    6. G Diapers
      1. Diapers from $36
    7. Up and Up Diapers
      1. Diapers $13
  2. Apply 10% off coupon code S6BP388J
  3. Check out, your total will vary depending on the brand with free shipping

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: need to stock up on diapers?

• I'd really like to use gDiapers and K is open to it, but they are so expensive. I'm not sure yet what we're going to do in regards to diapers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTwo*True:
    I'd really like to use gDiapers and K is open to it, but they are so expensive. I'm not sure yet what we're going to do in regards to diapers.

It's mostly the covers that make them expensive - and you can register for those for your shower!  The disposable insert parts are very comparable to disposable diapers in price.  We're thinking about gDiapers too.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrs._F:

imageTwo*True:
    I'd really like to use gDiapers and K is open to it, but they are so expensive. I'm not sure yet what we're going to do in regards to diapers.

It's mostly the covers that make them expensive - and you can register for those for your shower!  The disposable insert parts are very comparable to disposable diapers in price.  We're thinking about gDiapers too.

BRU has a 40ct pack of gDiaper inserts for $14.99 which makes the inserts about $0.35 each.

At a warehouse store like Sam's Club I can get a 216ct pack of Pampers Swadlers (the most expensive they carry) for $39.84 or $0.19 a diaper.

To make math easy if I round to 10 diapers a day that's a weekly difference of $11.20 a week or close to $600 a year.  I realize as the baby gets older we'll use less diapers but still....I try to be really green but depending on K's job that could be a big difference in our monthly budget.

I'm just so torn still.  That and I'm not sure our daycare will allow gDiapers or cloth diapers.  I've yet to talk to them but somehow I doubt it's an option here.

• imageMrs._F:

imageTwo*True:
    I'd really like to use gDiapers and K is open to it, but they are so expensive.

It's mostly the covers that make them expensive

some friends of ours use them and absolutely love them. we're planning on trying them. there are codes that they give out that let you get discounts on the everyday six-pack of covers, and i think the discount i got was for $30 off each so i got the covers for $40 for 6 (they're normally $70 for the pack and we got that price on one set of each size, s/m/l). i thought they sent me a code to share, too, but i can't seem to find it now...although i did get one from a friend of mine, so you can email me if you want and i can try to pass that one on. i'm not sure if it's still good, but you could give it a shot.

the six-packs only come as three orange and three vanilla, but if you really want to try them it's a much cheaper option if you can get a discount code than going individually.

• imageMrs._F:

imageTwo*True:

A quick google search just informed that me that Whole Foods gives you a 10% discount on gDiapers if you buy in bulk.  We don't have Whole Foods near us but I'm guessing in Boston you must.

• I'd average 12-15 diapers a day (for a singleton) at least in the first several months.  And while you'll use less diapers as they get older, the price per diaper goes up. And don't get me started on the price of pull-ups.Angry

What about using gdiapers at home/weekends and regular diapers at childcare? I know a lot of people who do cloth have to do that.

Also, if you guys are stocking up, keep the receipt and afix it to the box. That way if you need to exchange for a different size or brand it'ss be easier (ie. Grayson suddenly developed a case of eczema from Pampers at 18m after wearing them daily (silly kid) and we had to switch him to Huggies. And some kids fit some brands better than others based the the cut of the diaper and shape of the kid.

This is our last day in pull-ups (aside from night) - that means we'll save another $175/m on pull-ups. YIPPEEEEE!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image2brides:

What about using gdiapers at home/weekends and regular diapers at childcare? I know a lot of people who do cloth have to do that.

That's one of the questions I'm going to ask when I meet with them.  The daycare is here at my work and since I'm not telling anyone yet I can't ask these questions Stick out tongue

• imageTwo*True:
    imageMrs._F:

imageTwo*True:

A quick google search just informed that me that Whole Foods gives you a 10% discount on gDiapers if you buy in bulk.  We don't have Whole Foods near us but I'm guessing in Boston you must.

Neat!

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm just going to say don't buy too many in advance. Annie spent about a week in NB size and barely a month in size ones. We ended up donating a bunch of diapers that she never fit into. Also we changed brands because of poop blowouts. The brand we changed to that works is the same one that my best friends baby gets rashes from.... so you never know until your baby is here what will work for you.

~Kennedy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"