Orange County Babies

Has anyone been to the classes at Milkalicious in Aliso Viejo?

Just wondering if anyone has been to their free breastfeeding workshop and if it's worth it to go?  Are they going to try to sell you on doing their 1-on-1 lactation care?  I'm still a ways away but just want to know what my options are when I need help.  Hoag's 1-on-1 is $40.  

Re: Has anyone been to the classes at Milkalicious in Aliso Viejo?

• I've been there & highly reco it!  I did not experience any pressure to buy their 1 on 1 LC sessions.  In fact, I felt like I got a lot of personalized attention at the free class so I didn't need a 1 on 1.  The women that work there are very friendly & knowledgeable.  Let me know if you go & how you like it!  GL

• I haven't been to the classes but I've been to the store and it's great!  I also took classes at a similar place in Santa Monica and found them to be VERY worthwhile.  I think they are definitely worth going to and, like the other poster said, you will probably get enough personal attention that a 1-1 consultation won't even be necessary.

Congrats on your new baby!

Karen

https://oc.citymommy.com - hottest new site for OC moms!

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't but I did the 1on1 at Hoag and would absolutely recommend it.  It was money well spent if the class doesn't meet your expectations.
    forcing sisterly love since 07.06.10
  • I actually had an appt with one of their LC's this past Tuesday, and it was honestly the best $$$ I've spent in a long time. DD started fussing at the breast lately, and I was worried that it was because of my milk supply or something. Anyway, the LC was sooooo helpful, friendly, and informative. I plan on going to their workshops from now on just for fun. I've also been to the breastfeeding workshop at the Mother Baby Assesment Center in Orange, and have also had a free 1-on-1 there. The breastfeeding workshop at the MBAC is horrible, but their 1-on-1 was pretty helpful... but doesn't come close to how great the Milkalicious LC was. So, my vote is for Milkalicious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"