Infertility
Options

'Buzzy' to take the pain out of needles?

I read about this in a magazine a few months ago. It take the pain out of needles. It is $35. Google Buzzy and it will come up. What do you think? 
DS born 7.30.11

Re: 'Buzzy' to take the pain out of needles?

• Options

I think it is great for kids and may be a distraction if nothing else for them, but a bee on my arm would have done nothing for me.They mentioned distraction tips on the website, which I found affective. If you are not focusing on the needle, it doesn't seem to hurt as much. Have H give you the shot so you can distract yourself if you are worried. On blood draws I would focus on something in the room.

I see you are starting you first injectable schedule. I can assure you that you will be plesently suprised at how little the sub Q shots do hurt (this is coming from a needle whimp). The first one was always the hardest, but once you get through it, you will discover how easy it is. Good luck

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options

I always found that if I did the shot, I was more distracted by doing the shot properly and that kinda took my mind off the actual initial poke of the needle. I find that its the medication burning while injecting is more uncomfortable then the actual needle stick.

Honestly I would save my money and if you are really concerned about the pain, then I would Ice the injection site for a few minutes before you clean the area and then do the shot.

I've had my dh do my Novarel shot IM in my butt and I was freaking about letting him do it. I iced it for llike 5 mins prior to him doing it, and I never even felt him put the needle in!

Good Luck to you!

Jenn

My Blog: When Will Hope and Faith Pay Off

"The Sisterhood of Infertility" Blog

Cycle#18=BFP....M/C @ 7w2d...heartbroken
    IUI #1 (cycle 25) = Chem PG, IUI # 2 Cycle 32 = BFFN! SURPRISE--- We're PG!! Break Cycle BFP November 2009!!!! M/C # 2
    Sadly, a Mommy to 3 Angel Babies
    "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." John Lennon
    miscarriage survivor Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks...I was just curious. I probably won't buy it. I will just use an ice pack!
    DS born 7.30.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"