3rd Trimester

Water breaking and shower/bath

Ok, this is a very dumb and possibly flame-worthy question.  If your water breaks in the shower or bath, how would you know??  Especially if you take long drawn out baths??

Re: Water breaking and shower/bath

• Cause when your water breaks, it doesn't just break and it's over.  It's a continuous process - when they broke my water with C, I leaked til I gave birth. 
  • Some doctors will tell you not to swim/take baths in the last couple of weeks for this reason.  My last doctor did.

But, on the flip side, when my water broke, it continued to gush for hours.  You would know.... but then, I guess some just have a slow leak?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Well if it gushes think of it this way, have you ever pee'd in a pool or shower you felt that right? Now if its a trickle I am not sure.
  • I have been SO worried that my water is going to break while in the shower or bath. I brought it up to my mom and she just laughed and said that I couldn't get so lucky, that it will probably happen at work or in the middle of a store and that I should worry about that more. LOL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • You do know that it isn't really "water" right?
    Baby Boy born still on March 10, 2008 at 21 wks 2 days : ( Finley Alyse born October 11, 2009 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Declan Jonathan born October 16, 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It probably wont all come out at once because the baby plugs the hole.  You'll feel more when you sit and then stand.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I wanna know this too.

Some ladies have said they felt a pop, but these days everything on me pops. I wonder if you can actually feel it gush out while you're in the tub.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageShan327:
    I have been SO worried that my water is going to break while in the shower or bath. I brought it up to my mom and she just laughed and said that I couldn't get so lucky, that it will probably happen at work or in the middle of a store and that I should worry about that more. LOL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageShan327:
    I have been SO worried that my water is going to break while in the shower or bath. I brought it up to my mom and she just laughed and said that I couldn't get so lucky, that it will probably happen at work or in the middle of a store and that I should worry about that more. LOL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is too funny. I was just thinking about this when I was in the shower.
  • good question with some good answers. 

i think like some of the other girls said, it doesn't all come out at ounce so you would notice a wetness that would continue to come everytime you move...

• ::popping in from 0-6::

My water broke in the shower with my 1st and I had no idea.  I got out of the shower, sat down, brushed my hair, dried off, got into my pajamas, and started to watch TV.

Then, I started having contractions.  I thought it was just my stomach (I have colitis and I was being induced the next day and scared out of my mind).

About 6hrs later, I was jolted awake with the worst pain of my life.  I got dressed and headed to the hospital.  I was 6cm and they were all asking me when my water broke.  I didn't know it had.  They were all over me concerned about infections, etc.  Thankfully, I had been to the OB the morning before and she checked me and it wasn't broken, so they had something to go by.

But, yeah, the best I can tell is that it broke in the shower.  I didn't notice.  I had no leaking after I got out of the shower (or before).  I never felt a pop.  I guess I'm happy it happened there and not earlier in the day when I was walking through the mall! 

A bath....I don't know....you might notice better in a bath than a shower since you'd be sitting in it.  Ick!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"