3rd Trimester

water breaking and contractions

i think my water just broke - odd thing to say,i know....i woke up to leaky feeling and continued to leak for a few minutes.  now trying to see if i have contractions, but really just have one massive cramp with tightness.  how do you time this?  think my water actually broke?

(ps, getting on the phone to doc anyway, just seeing what you ladies thought)

Re: water breaking and contractions

• unless you peed on yourself it sounds like something!

GL!

• If you think your water broke, you don't need to time contractions. Call your on-call doc and they will let you know whether or not they think you have broken your water. They'll ask you what your progress was at your last appt and then let you know whether to rush in or if you have time to take a shower and get ready first. Your contractions will increase as you get to the hospital but they usually only give you 24 hours from the time your water broke to get the baby delivered. So you have to get there relatively soon regardless of what your contractions are doing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • on my way to L&D, thanks ladies....
  • GL!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Try changing postitions - standing up can stop the flow since the baby's head can act as a "cork".  Maybe try laying down and see if you leak a little.  Either way you should talk to your Dr - generally you go to L&D when your water breaks - GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"