Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Question about hospital consent forms

When did you get/fill out/sign the hospital consent forms? (I haven't gotten mine yet but I guess they are regarding consenting to a C-section if it becomes medically necessary ... consenting to a circumcision if it's a boy ... and probably some other things). I pre-registered at the hospital but haven't seen any consent forms yet. A friend of mine said her OB gave them to her about a month before delivery ... Just wondering when you all got yours. I guess I am not looking forward to reading them at the hospital while I am in labor!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question about hospital consent forms

• Hmmm, I don't remember any of these.  Odd... filled out a ton of paperwork after L&D though.  DS was born at 35 weeks for me, so it could happen for you soon!
  • I had 3 to fill out - one to treat me, one to treat the baby, and a special form to consent to fetal monitoring.  Not sure why that was such a huge issue.  But, anytime I went to L&D for something, I always had to sign that consent for fetal monitoring. 

When I checked in for my induction, I signed the consent to treat and bill insurance for both of us.  With this induction, I had to sign a separate consent form for the Cytotec (there are risks I had to know about, I guess).  With DD1, there was a form to sign for the epidural.

I never consented to a c-section (that's a separate form)....and, I told my OB if I needed a c-section, I would NOT be signing any forms consenting to an epidural, so that was something we had worked out at around 36wks. 

With the 1st 2, H was my next of kin.  With #3, my doula was my next of kin, so, in the event I couldn't make decisions for myself, she was the one to carry out my wishes.  

At my hospital, at least, they're all separate forms signed as needed.

• Loading the player...
  • Um...I know I got them from my OB, but I honestly couldn't tell you when.  I kind of want to say that they gave them to me about halfway through the pregnancy - but I could be remembering completely wrong.
  • I signed a couple of these papers while in L&D

C-Section - If necessary

There was another but I can't remember, this was also during L&D

They even came around to collect our hospital stay co-pay

Circumcision - I was asked ahead of time if I would like it done and they brought the paperwork prior to them taking him to the nursery to have it done!

• I was induced and a nurse went over all the consent forms with me once I was settled into my room.  It would have been the same had I gone into the hospital already in labor.  I didn't have to sign anything about a possible C-section - I remember signing consent forms for the actual induction (and I had to repeat what the nurse had told me about what was going to happen in my own words before I could sign it), possible blood transfusions, and vaccinations.  If I were having a boy, I would have had a circumcision consent form as well. I imagine it would be quite annoying to be in labor and have to deal with all that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"