1st Trimester

Did everyone get more than one beta?

My beta came in at 338 on 16dpo.  My doctor didn't think I needed to come in for another one.  Did everyone else have at least two?  I'm wondering if I should go in again just for piece of mind.  Our first u/s isn't until Sept 14th!!

Re: Did everyone get more than one beta?

• I had my sixth one today.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My first was 162 but not sure how many dpo I was. I had another drawn today waiting results.
  • Loading the player...
  • I should add that I've had six because I'm having a difficult pregnancy.  When I had my son, I never had a beta and didn't see the doctor until I was nine weeks pregnant.
  • I think I'm going to call for another.  It was very difficult for us to achieve this pregnancy and I just want to make sure everything is still going okay.  I'm sure they're going to tell me I'm insane, but I'm okay with that! :)
  • I didn't have any betas done at all. ?In fact, I didn't have blood work until 10 weeks at my first appointment. ?My doctor doesn't see his patients until then.?
  • I didn't have one with DD and I haven't even been to the doctor yet for baby #2.  I haven't called yet, I should probably do that this week!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My first was at 10 dpo & was 39. I go again on Friday. Dr wants to make sure numbers are doubling but we have had issues in the past... with DD they only did one beta to confirm pregnancy
    "Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap and tell them about me?" DD 9/22/03 Our little sassypants! DS 4/10/10 My little man is growing so fast
  • I had one at my first visit but it must have been fine because my OB never told me the numbers from it.  I haven't had to have another one done yet.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had 2 betas done, just to make sure that they're doubling. I would talk to your doctor about your concerns and maybe they will order you another one just to make sure that they're doubling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was seeing a fertility doctor when I got pregnant so they ordered 3.  They wanted to make sure they were doubling.  I guess it depends on your situation or doctor.  I guess the first beta is to confirm your pregnancy and any more is to make sure they are doubling.  Personally I liked getting the betas because I knew things were okay, but it was also nerve racking waiting. 
  • I haven't had any betas. And I'm kind of glad they weren't necessary for me. After reading several beta posts I think it would drive me nuts! GL!
  • I only get blood drawn three times during my pregnancy, and they are all spread out.

If your doc thinks its fine, I wouldn't worry.

• My ob normally doesn't order them.  The only reason she had me do them is because my u/s looked at though I hadn't O'd, so she wanted to make sure I wasn't getting a false positive.  She had me do a second to make sure my numbers were going up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"