Babies: 0 - 3 Months

If Cervadil was used on you....

Did it put you into labor before they started the Pitocin?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If Cervadil was used on you....

• No. I vomited the entire time it was in. Did nothing for me at all!
  • Yes...I started Cervidil at 4pm, they took it out at 4am and started Pit. But I was in early labor before they started the cervidil
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • no. it didn't help me dilate any. they started it at 9pm and stopped it at 6am, then started the pitocin at 6am. But the pitocin wasn't bad, I had the epi at 8 and DD at 12 30
  • After 8 hourse on it, I had contractions about 15 minutes apart and was barely 2 cm dilated. 
  • No. In fact, the first time it was given to me it did nothing at all.  I was then given cytotec and that also did nothing.  It wasn't until the 2nd time they gave me Cervidil that it actually worked enough to be induced.  I had been having contrax before all of this, but my labor didn't start until I was given Pitocin and they broke my water.
  • Well it was weird.. when I went in to be induced I was actually having mild contractions about 5 min. apart..they put me on the cervadil at 10pm and when i woke up the next morning they had stopped! So they were going to come back at 10am and give me cervadil AGAIN but at 9:30 i started getting pretty good contractions so they decided to start the pitocin..thank god! So maybe it helped get things going.
  • 4 rounds then 6 of cervadil and 96 hours of pitocin.

Nothing. I had a c-section.

• imagecfsinger:
    no. it didn't help me dilate any.

It is not suppose to. It simply ripens the cervix.

• I had 2 doses. It put me from a fingertip dilated to like 1.5. Then I had to have a foley ballon to get to 3cm and then I started the pitocin. My contractions started to get stronger about 20 hrs after the first dose was put in. They were nothing compared to the ones after they broke my water.
  • 12 hrs of cervadil followed by 8 hours of pitocin did nothng... Ended up w a c-section.
  • Cervadil put me into full blown labor. Received it at 11pm when I was not at all dilated or effaced, had DS at 6am. But this was my second pregnancy (I was 10 days overdue) so I'm sure that helped it's effectiveness.
  • I had 4 rounds (12 hours each) with DD 1 and it did nothing. I was there for over 3 days before I had a baby.

Same story second time around and ended up with a c-section.

• I had 12 hours of it and it did absolutely nothing.  They were going to give me an hour break then start another round of it but my water broke.  5 hours later DD was born.  I never had pit.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I started contracting around the 8th hour out of 12, but was only at 2cm by the end of it. Actually the pitocin hardly worked on my either.  Everyone is different though...obviously.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"