Eco-Friendly Family

What I've done tonight

--Cut out twelve dresses for amazima dolls

--Cut out ten sets of arms and legs for amazima dolls

--Cut out eight heads for amazima dolls

--Sworn vociferously at realizing that those numbers don't work so well if each dress needs 2 arms, 2 legs, and one head to count as a doll. Cursed counting.

--Considered the ethics of sending dolls with spare legs and/or arms

--Wondered what I could do with spare legs and arms if not attach them at random

--Considered the dangers of going back to Joanns to get more brown fabric before the close

--Considered sewing the eight complete dolls I could and calling it close enough.

--Decided that rather than setting up my sewing machine, finishing the dolls I could, and then going back to Joanns tomorrow, laying on the floor, shredding fabric and watching bad tv was probably the best solution to all this stupid mess.

--Added a mug of chocolate milk, and was happy.

Mother's Day, 2011

Re: What I've done tonight

• imagetriumphantreturnofplanningbug:

--Wondered what I could do with spare legs and arms if not attach them at random

LOL!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • And now, I think I'm going to reward myself by passing out two hours early. :-D

Have a great night, women!

Mother's Day, 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Works for me!

I'm going to make another Maple version of Hippy's cake

• imagetriumphantreturnofplanningbug:

And now, I think I'm going to reward myself by passing out two hours early. :-D

Have a great night, women!

Happy MeeMees!

• LoL.  I was hurting... that was bad... If you aren't in a huge rush, I could send you some of MY cutouts... that and if you don't mind that they might not match your brown.  I had like 3 yards of brown to start... PRETTY sure I don't need it all. 

I only cut out 3 dresses, 3 heads, 3 sets of arms and 3 sets of legs today.  Then I put together one whole doll.  And then I sewed up all the legs (I found that it was easiest to build the legs separately and then add them right before turning the girl inside out)... sewed up the backs of the dresses (I'm using the template with a seam down the back instead of making a cut) and sewed heads on the front of dresses.  Then I put everything in a nice neat stack so that it doesn't look as messy when DH gets home.... any minute now.

• Have a good night's sleep.

• LOL   Love.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"