2nd Trimester
Options

Why don't people think?? My "awesome" Day! not

So I am a massage therapist and we are currently running a special for first time clients so I have had a lot of new people lately... So this morning I have a new woman and she was complaining that her body was sore because she had been taking care of her sick husband... I didn't really think much of it b/c I know what a handfull a sick husband can be lol! Then about half way through the massage she says again what a pain it has been to take care of her husband who is just getting over THE SWINE FLU!!! OMG I was thinking to myself who in their right mind would go and get a massage when you could possibly be carrying any type of sickness! I didnt really freak out too bad just washed my hands and sprayed the room down when she left... I told my husband about it and he FREAKED! He called my Mom and told her and got her all huffed about it too so when I got off they made me call my midwife who then told me it had been protocol to just give prego women the medicine for it... So I go to pick up the prescription and the pharmacist starts talking to me... She then fills me in that they rate drugs on an A -F scale and that the med rates a C and that I prob shouldn't take it unless I am experiencing symptoms! At this point I am so irritated because my Husband is still freaking out telling me I am going to take it but I am completely opposed to it... I tried explaining to him that most of the deaths related to the swine flu have been a result of people already having lowered immune problems... (the news doesnt tell you that) and the pharmacist totally agreed! Still thinking that nor the pharmacist know what we are talking about he goes down the street to a family friend who happens to be a Dr. just to hear him say everything I was saying all along! LoL! Bless his heart I know he was just looking out for me but he was relentless today!  Long story short... if you are sick stay home! lol or you will make some poor person go through hell and back!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Why don't people think?? My "awesome" Day! not

• Options
    Just for fun and because I see you live in Florida...I'm going to blame it on the stupidity of Floridians because thats the kind of day I'm having. lol I'm sorry you had to through that. Really why would you risk getting someone else sick! Geez!
  • Options
    Wow that sucks!  I actually went through something similiar....a student in my classroom told me that his mother had the swine flu...long story short she was a confirmed case but it was 27 days prior, my OB told me that the incubabtion period for swine flu is 7 days so that I didn't need to start any meds unless I came down with symptoms.  I don't know about confidentiality in your job but perhaps you can find out when her husband was a confirmed case?  I know I was very stressed and upset so I can imagine how you feel but it all turned out ok which I am sure it will be for you too!! Good Luck!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    just so you know , my dh and I both had confirmed cases of the swine flu, if the wife of the guy who had it hadent hadent gotten sick then she probley dosent have it , none of our roomate caught it from us, and I spoke to the cdc and they actually said if it isent the H1N1 strand its not as contagious as they thought, dont worry you probley dont have it , it take can take 3 days to start showing symptoms of being sick, call the ER and ask what they recomend, first, if you get a headache or feel achy take the meds, gl iam sure you are fine,
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"