High-Risk Pregnancy

Abnormal GD fail ???

I finally got my results back from my 2 hour test (my doc doesn't do the 3 hour) and I've been put on the diabetic diet based on my fasting.  My fasting number was high yet the other two numbers fell within the range.  Has anyone else had this happen? 

The doctor wasn't quite sure what to do with me as according to the guidelines I technically didn't fail but as I am already high risk he wants to make sure things are going as well as possible.   I'm not upset or fighting the doctor, I just wondered if this had happened to anyone else.

Re: Abnormal GD fail ???

• I don't think this is abnormal at all - maybe not the most common way to fail the test, but not abnormal. I was told that if you fail the fasting, you fail the test - period. If you fail 2 of the others then you also fail.

Sorry to say the fasting number is the hardest to control.

When do you meet with your nutritionist and get your glucose meter?

- Jena
  • That does not sound too abnormal. In fact, that fasting number tells you a lot because it's what your body was doing when it wasn't even dealing with any food. I'm sure it's the safer bet to have you start using the gestational diabetes guidelines.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks guys, I feel a little better.  At my appointment yesterday he seemed perplexed.  He likes normal you might say and I haven't fallen into the normal category for anything this pregnancy!

I don't actually get a glucose meter.  I have to go in to the lab 3 times over 3 weeks to do a fasting again while I'm following the diet and then he says he'll determine whether I need to go further.  

I  have followed the meal plan since lunch yesterday and it's not so bad.  I figure I can make it 2 months if it keeps my baby healthy. 

• Fasting numbers are the ones I cannot control with diet, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"