Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

standing in crib

DS just discovered (this past weekend) how to stand up in his crib, so, he's been really tough to get to sleep.  We have always just laid him down (awake) with his paci & blanky and he'd fall asleep on his own.  Now he stands up - walks around the crib and will just cry.  He won't self soothe & we end up having to go in and calm him down.  Please tell me this is only a stage and that it will pass!  DS went to sleep at 7:30 - he just woke up stood up & was crying.  I went in, told him he was ok - gave him his paci & blanky - laid him back down & rubbed his back, until he fell asleep.  Any ideas or thoughts?  TIA.  :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: standing in crib

• Options
    Right there with you!  My DD has been standing up for about 2-3 weeks.  She is much harder to get to sleep.  I have found that if I leave her standing she will eventually tire out, sit down (or plop down really), and go to sleep on her own.  If I continuously put her back down, it turns into a game and she stands up again and again and again and it takes forever.  My DD doesn't cry though....just stands there and laughs so I might have it a bit easier than you do.  GL!   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm there too.  I hope it's a phase because it is killing us.  We used to lay him down and he would go to sleep on his own, but now he either sits or stands and will cry as soon as we leave the room.  Usually after 10 mins of crying he will plop down and fall asleep.  Last night, not so much.  It took us 3 hours to get him to sleep because he wanted to sit/stand/crawl in the crib.  Ughh...no advice, I just feel your pain.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hope it doesn't last long.  DS has been a nightmare getting to sleep.  He just stands there and screams.  I think he's also going through seperation anxiety so the combo is killing me.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"