1st Trimester

Creative Ways to Share the News with Your Parents

Hello Everyone,

So my husband and I plan to break the pregnancy news to our parents this weekend.  I'm looking for creative ways to tell them.  Any ideas?

Amanda

Re: Creative Ways to Share the News with Your Parents

• We took a picture of a "bun in the oven" and I emailed it as a riddle (it's a thing, 4 words, etc) to my parents who live a couple of hours away....it took them awhile but then they freaked out.

For my mom who is in town she usually has a little packet of stuff that she collects for me: clippings, coupons and stuff.  So I made one for her with random things in it including that picture of the "bun in the oven", we went through the stuff leaving the picture for last.  It too took her a minute, then she freaked out!

GL!!

• There is a really cute "kids" book written for grandparents called "The Gifts of Being Grand." It is ADORABLE!  I bought that, wrote on the front cover, wrapped it in a baby blanket with an "I love Grandpa" fridge frame and a "Grandma's Brag Book" photo album.  They got the hint  Big Smile
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I drew a little family tree starting with my grandparents and down to my brother his wife and their expected child and on our side i had my husband and I and a little line to a ???? Due 4-11-10. It came out pretty cute and I framed it and gave it to them so they have a keepsake.
    Lilypie - (JLjB)

• Ours were totally last minute ideas, so not very cute and creative, but here goes:

My parents: drove down to CT to surprise them, let our dog go through the front door, then we followed with a bouquet of flowers with a digital sticking out the top, and my mom was like "What are you doing here?" and I said "Just thought we'd tell you in person that Tessie is not your only grandchild anymore".  My dad started clapping and she couldn't speak for like 2 minutes.

DH's parents: Went to their house to go out to dinner for DH's bday (his bday was 3 days after our BFP, we told them 2 days after the BFP).  We are standing in the kitchen and he is flipping through their calendar, so he asks his mom, "Do you have an April 2010 calendar", "no, why", "Well I was going to mark on the 30th your grandchild's birthday".  She screamed for like a minute and his dad couldn't stop hugging me (DH is an only child).

BFP 8/18/09 cycle #7
    Missed m/c 9/16/09 (7w6d, baby measuring 6w1d)
    D&E 9/25/09 at 9w1d
    BFP 11/25/09 1st cycle after D&E
    DS born @36w2d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    ~~~Labor Buddy to And Ketch~~~ BFPB to LoveBeingAWife33008

• We told my parents the same day we found out (yes, we were that impatient to share the news!) We wrapped up my positive digital test, and gave it to them as an anniversary present.  Once they opened it, my mom jumped up and down and immediately started crying, and my dad couldn't stop grinning.  They say it was the best anniversary present we could have given them!
    Ashley & Jeff Married since August 2007 BFP Cycle #16, Clomid 100mg DD #1 born on March 25, 2010 TTC #2 as of May 31, 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're trying to plan a little weekend trip, but in case it doesn't happen before we plan on sharing the news at 10 weeks, we'll pretend we took it anyways.  We'll go to our parents houses and give them each a gift "from the trip", but they'll really be just bibs that say "i love grandma/grandpa".  To be honest, I'm usually more likely to just spit out news like this rather then trying to do something I might normally consider a little corny, but I know my mom would really love this and figure this is a time we can do something cute like that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"