3rd Trimester

I made cake balls tonight and they are SO good. nft.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I made cake balls tonight and they are SO good. nft.

• whats a cake ball? if it has icing on it, I want to know how to make it!
  • Cake balls? I'm just picturing those Hostess hot pink Snowballs. Sounds pretty good!
  • Loading the player...
  • What is a cake ball??? Sounds yummy...
  • I LOVE cake balls!! They are so delicious!
  • Oh my god, I don't know what that is, but I know I want to eat it.
  • Oh man, they are so easy but kinda messy.

Bake your favorite type of cake. Let cake completely cool, I'll usually stick it in the freezer to help the cooling process. Mix cake with whatever icing you want and then roll into balls. Put back into the freezer so balls can stay put together. Melt semisweet chocolate and then dip each cake ball into the chocolate and stick on wax paper on a cookie sheet and put back in the freezer.

They end up with this hard chocolate shell and really moist cake on the inside.

We did red velvet and cream cheese icing tonight, but you can use ANY combination.

• imagePennylane824:

Oh man, they are so easy but kinda messy.

Bake your favorite type of cake. Let cake completely cool, I'll usually stick it in the freezer to help the cooling process. Mix cake with whatever icing you want and then roll into balls. Put back into the freezer so balls can stay put together. Melt semisweet chocolate and then dip each cake ball into the chocolate and stick on wax paper on a cookie sheet and put back in the freezer.

We did red velvet and cream cheese icing tonight, but you can use ANY combination.

This is torture for my GD a$$! I will be making these next week after Avery's arrival 

• imagePennylane824:

Oh man, they are so easy but kinda messy.

OMG, I'm in love.

• This is torture for my GD a$$! I will be making these next week after Avery's arrival 

You deserve the treat after she comes. I have to either clean, cook, bake or bump, because otherwise I'm a giant ball of stress waiting to explode.

• OMG...I *NEED* to make some of those!

Also, I just described cake balls to my Hubby, and he wants to know: "what the heck is it about women at this part of this pregnancy that they all want cake???"

(I've been obbsessing over cake for weeks now. I am usally a die hard ice cream person and could give or take the cake, but now it is totally switched.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"