1st Trimester

FT Work, FT School and FT Pregnancy

For those of you that are maintaining your productivity at your job, keeping your grades up in your program and pregnant....how do you do it?? 

I feel like my entire drive has gone down the tubes.  I am working absolutely no more than 40 hours per week (prepregancy = 50 hours) and I am barely squeeking by in my classes because all I want to do is think about pregnancy, read about pregnancy, and survive the 1st tri morning (all day) sickness. 

Please teach me, wise ones!  

Re: FT Work, FT School and FT Pregnancy

• I work FT, and school PT.

I feel like my brain has turned into mush...not good for school.

I try to take naps and get a full nights rest if I can. Eating snacks throughout the day help me maintain my energy as well.

I luckily do school online at home through my local state U, so if I need to puke or anything like that during studying or a meeting, I can.

I also see that you got your BFP on Clomid, congrats! I tried 5 rounds, but it didn't work for me.

• Its hard because I can't take my adderall anymore. I really haven't been doing a good job of coping so I have no advice other than I've made sure that DH is there to help me out and motivate me.
  • Loading the player...
  • I do all this AND have a hubby and two children.  I am actually kind of lucky in that my m/s let up week before last.  Otherwise, I am not sure I would be able to keep it up.  I was wondering (when I found out I was pg) how I would be able to do it, but it has worked out.  Don't give up, it's going to work out!  Perservere!  What are you going to school for?  Mine's a grad degree in library science.  Can you take online classes next semester?  That's what I'm doing because I don't imagine I'll want to drive 40 miles twice a week after working all day while in my third trimester.
    ~ Married 14 years and counting ~
    Chandler 11/2000 ~ Bronwyn 6/2002 ~ Grayson 3/2010 ~ Matilda/Till 6/2012
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    BFP 10/20/11 ::sticky dust::
    BFP 9/11/11 - m/c 9/25/11 5w5d
  • Third trimester/giving birth is going to be really hard next semester. I have no idea how I'm going to keep up with classes. I think I'm just going to have to go back to school a week after I give birth. Sigh.

• imageExcited_Mommy2be:

I work FT, and school PT.

I try to take naps and get a full nights rest if I can. Eating snacks throughout the day help me maintain my energy as well.

I luckily do school online at home through my local state U, so if I need to puke or anything like that during studying or a meeting, I can.

I also see that you got your BFP on Clomid, congrats! I tried 5 rounds, but it didn't work for me.

Thanks for your tips!  I haven't tried taking a nap midday, yet.  I've been too afraid that it will mess up my nighttime sleep pattern (which I'm guarding with my life as I know it will be non-existent soon! Smile )  

Also, thanks for the congrats on clomid...I think it was the combo both it and the lap that worked.  When I called my doc to let her know that I was pregnant (She's a friend/co-worker), I said, "We did it!"  She's like..."We did what?" Hahahha!  

When are you done with school?

• I'm honestly planning on taking Spring Semester off. I have no clue how I could pass my classes AND give birth.

• imageExcited_Mommy2be:

I'm honestly planning on taking Spring Semester off. I have no clue how I could pass my classes AND give birth.

lucky duck. I really can't. bleh.

• imageHaysley:
    imageExcited_Mommy2be:

Thanks for your tips!  I haven't tried taking a nap midday, yet.  I've been too afraid that it will mess up my nighttime sleep pattern (which I'm guarding with my life as I know it will be non-existent soon! Smile )  

Also, thanks for the congrats on clomid...I think it was the combo both it and the lap that worked.  When I called my doc to let her know that I was pregnant (She's a friend/co-worker), I said, "We did it!"  She's like..."We did what?" Hahahha!  

I'm taking 2 classes each semester (B.S. in Information Technology) so I should be done either in 2011 or 2012, depending how my schedule changes with baby. When will you be done?

A lot of my friends already have their bachelors, but I took 2 years off deciding what to do after I finished my core classes.

• imageIrishBrideND:

Third trimester/giving birth is going to be really hard next semester. I have no idea how I'm going to keep up with classes. I think I'm just going to have to go back to school a week after I give birth. Sigh.

DH has been really supportive...but I think it may be almost too supportive.  He's like, "Hey, if you want to sit on the couch all day and do nothing but grow our baby.  That's fine with me..." Sweet...but not motivating.  I just need to kick my own a$$.

Are you serious about potentially having to go back one week after?  Do you get longer off for work? 

• imageIrishBrideND:
    imageExcited_Mommy2be:

I'm honestly planning on taking Spring Semester off. I have no clue how I could pass my classes AND give birth.

lucky duck. I really can't. bleh.

Sad

• imageHaysley:
    imageIrishBrideND:

Third trimester/giving birth is going to be really hard next semester. I have no idea how I'm going to keep up with classes. I think I'm just going to have to go back to school a week after I give birth. Sigh.

DH has been really supportive...but I think it may be almost too supportive.  He's like, "Hey, if you want to sit on the couch all day and do nothing but grow our baby.  That's fine with me..." Sweet...but not motivating.  I just need to kick my own a$$.

Are you serious about potentially having to go back one week after?  Do you get longer off for work? 

from work? Yes. School? nope. I mean, they would let me make up tests and such, but finals are one month after my due date. I can't get behind and still pass my finals. I'll have to go back as soon as I'm physically able. Luckily DH is in school full times and its in mods. His 4th mod (when I am due) is flexible. He will load up third mod and only take 2 classes (total 2 days a week) 4th mod so he can take care of the baby and such while I hobble off to school.

• 3 words Jenna:  You. Are. Amazing.

I know that people like you exist...but to actually get to talk to someone who's doing it...wow! Big Smile  You are my hero!

I do think that if the m/s let up a bit, it would be better.  I actually am going to school entirely online, so I'm mainly just complaining about my lack of focus (which is my own fault as I type away on here...lol).  I'm finishing up my undergrad in health care administration at Ashford Univ.  When are you going to be done with your grad degree?  

Again, you are my hero! 

• imageExcited_Mommy2be:
    imageHaysley:
    imageExcited_Mommy2be:

I'm taking 2 classes each semester (B.S. in Information Technology) so I should be done either in 2011 or 2012, depending how my schedule changes with baby. When will you be done?

A lot of my friends already have their bachelors, but I took 2 years off deciding what to do after I finished my core classes.

Nice!  What school are you attending?  I should be done early 2010...right around when the baby is due.  The tougher part is going to be taking work off...I'm the Admin of a clinic.  So, I'm still trying to figure that little detail out...Its nice that you have the flexibility to adjust your school schedule if it gets to be too much.

• imageIrishBrideND:
    imageHaysley:
    imageIrishBrideND:

from work? Yes. School? nope. I mean, they would let me make up tests and such, but finals are one month after my due date. I can't get behind and still pass my finals. I'll have to go back as soon as I'm physically able. Luckily DH is in school full times and its in mods. His 4th mod (when I am due) is flexible. He will load up third mod and only take 2 classes (total 2 days a week) 4th mod so he can take care of the baby and such while I hobble off to school.

Brutal...but that is great that LO can be with DH while you're attending/studying though.  

Okay...I'm off to write a paper.  If you see me on here at all tonight, smack me. 

• imageIrishBrideND:
    imageHaysley:
    imageIrishBrideND:

You are a braver woman than I am.

• imageHaysley:
    imageExcited_Mommy2be:
    imageHaysley:
    imageExcited_Mommy2be:

Nice!  What school are you attending?  I should be done early 2010...right around when the baby is due.  The tougher part is going to be taking work off...I'm the Admin of a clinic.  So, I'm still trying to figure that little detail out...Its nice that you have the flexibility to adjust your school schedule if it gets to be too much.

I'm attending Georgia Southern University, here in Statesboro. It's a good school, but I can't say much for my town...lol.

I am a bank bookkeeper, and I get 3 months with FMLA. I'm accrued at least a month (hopefully two) of earned time off, and I have short term disability, so I'm hoping that everything will work out.

• I did it with my first pregnancy. It was really hard, no motivation to do anything but baby...but I'm glad to say that I now hold my Master's.

I had to force myself to work on school all weekend long and asked my DH to nag me if I didn't. I had my DD in mid-March and only needed a week extension to finish off the term. I did take the Fall semester off though. It was hard enough going back to work (I'm a teacher so I had all summer off as well) as a new mom, no way was I going to add grad school to it.

I do believe the workload created the stress which led to my PIH and then in turn my DD's meconium aspiration, so try to take it easy as much as you can and don't hesitate to ask your DH to pick up some extra chores for you. I certainly plan on taking it easy and being as stress free as I can be (with a toddler) this time around!

• I'm FT work and PT school. I am only taking 2 classes this semester 3 nights a week. I'm also putting in 45-50 hours at work... its hard I'm not going to lie and I don't know what will happen in a week or two once school gets in gear (first class tonight) but I'm only in class until 8pm tonight and Thursday and then 7:40 on Fridays so I think I can handle it. I also live pretty close to the school so I don't have a long drive home. My old school was 35 mins away, I had a class until 9:45 and wouldn't get home until close to 10:30 if I stayed to chat after class! Spring I've already decided I'm not taking classes but summer I'll probably take 1 or 2 to make up for spring.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"